This is a Hondata modified 2002-2004 RSX ECU and an adapter harness for the 05-06 RSX
Hondata makes hardware modifications to the 2002-2004 ECU enable it to work with the different sensors and actuators found on the 2005-2006 ECU. After these modifications the ECU will not function correctly on a 2002-2004 RSX.
Hondata only sells adapter harness with the modified ECU. An unmodified 02-04 ECU with adapter harness (with or without KPro) will not work on a 05-06 RSX without the internal ECU modifications performed by Hondata.
Within USA this product is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.
$300 - California
$310 - Out of State
$320 - Canada/Puerto Rico
Upgrade an already K-Pro'd ecu for use in an 05-06 RSX (includes adapter harness and ECU modification)
|$970||K-Pro for 2005-2006 RSX includes adapter harness (user supplied 02-04 ECU)|
The 05-06 K-Pro is only certified to work in an 05/06 RSX. Engine swaps using an 05-06 RSX engine and gearbox into another chassis are not supported with the 05/06 K-Pro and adapter harness. The correct method is here: Hyperlink to: http://www.hondata.com/techk20transmissions.html
- An primary oxygen sensor from the 02-04 RSX or 02-05 Civic Si must be used. The 05-06 RSX O2 sensor will not work.
- Some sensors must be disabled to eliminate errors generated by the ECU.
- The speed sensor spins about 100 times faster on the 05/06 RSX gearbox as compared to the 02-04 RSX. Above 65-70 MPH cruise control may not function smoothly and may cancel from time to time. Also see Tech - K20 Transmissions
Which Donor ECU can I use?
Only the following ECUs can be used.
- 2002-2004 RSX Type S (PRB A03-A08, PRB-305 ECU). Should be used for a Type S
- 2002-2004 RSX (Base 5 speed) (PND -A0# ECU) Should be used for a Base
The stock 2005-2006 ECU part number PRB-A13 through PRB-A16 has a different microprocessor and cannot have a K-Pro installed.
These are the only harnesses that are guaranteed to work with the 05/06 K-Pro. These adapter harnesses are sold only with an 05-06 RSX-K-Pro.
- Blue Wire
- Sticker stating 05/06 Adapter (some adapters may not have stickers)
- Three white plugs or
- Two white plugs and a grey plug (from about June 2007)
If you are are having problems you may have a counterfeit adapter harness. To verify if you have a genuine adapter harness, contact Hondata with the serial number of your K-Pro.
Tuning the 05-06 RSX
The 05 ECU was replaced with a jumper harness and 04 ECU with K-Pro and then tuned. In the example below the 05 RSX was equipped with a cold air intake. The only change was from stock ECU (yellow line) to K-Pro + tuning (blue line).
Points of interest
- VTEC was set at 4600 rpm
- 18 ft pounds torque gain at 2000 rpm
- 15 ft pounds gain at 5800 rpm and at 8000 rpm
- 16 hp peak gain, but 20 hp gain at 5800 and 8000 rpm
This engine responds better to tuning than the K20A2, probably due to the better cams and the fact that the stock ECU runs so rich at the top end. A race header, with tuning will provide a significant increase in the mid range and top end torque.
We have cross referenced the 05 RSX intake and exhaust camshaft part numbers with those available for Japanese ITR.
The Japanese part numbers for the ITR intake cams are:
This is because there have been three revisions of the engine.
The US part numbers for the 05 cams are:
- 14110-PRC-030 (intake)
- 14120-PRC-030 (exhaust)
It is therefore our assumption that the cams in the 05 RSX are the Japanese ITR cams, which have the same lift but more duration than the PRB cams. (The 02-04 intake cam part number is: 14110-PRB-020 )
|EPA/CARB status (USA)||Competition vehicles only|
|Part Number||PRB (A01-A12 & 305)
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (8 MB memory, 10-215 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from lean air fuel ratios, over boost and low oil/fuel pressure.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar.
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2 or aftermarket wideband.
- PWM output for boost control
- Bluetooth support and Hondata Mobile app.
- Ethanol sensor input for flex fuel capability.
- Alternate speed sensor input.
- Dash output serial & CAN streams.
- Live tuning and auto tune.
KManager editing software features:
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables at multiple cam angles for correct VTEC and VTC tuning.
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
- 32 or 64 bit Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet Access
* The software will also work on Intel based Macs running Bootcamp or Parallels.
Online help is available.
THE VERDICT: Hondata K-pro is the sh_t!! Ever since I got my RSX, I never seemed to bond with the car like I did with my Old civic Si... I tried putting bolt ons, making it look pretty, a turbo kit and nothing seemed to helped it.... but the I added K-Pro.. and its a different story. The car feels and pulls sooooo strong its unbelievable. I raced my friend with a turbo prelude, port and polish, higher boost etc, and i can literally say that I left him like he was standing still! Before Hondata we were pretty much dead even all the way to 100. Yesterday, I gave him a 2 second lead and I railed him in soooo fast that I thought that he had either let off or slightly tapped the brake... needless to say, it made me fall in love with my car again!!
KPro 05-06 RSX
- Brand: Hondata, Inc.
- Product Code: KPro
- Availability: In Stock