The Hondata Strain Gauge is a gearshift mounted strain gauge sensor and remote strain gauge amplifier, which signals the ECU to cut the engine when the gear lever is moved. This enables very quick no lift shifts with dog engagement transmissions.
The Strain Gauge works by using a strain elements in the gear shift knob to measure the force on the knob, via accurately measuring the strain on an aluminum insert between the gear lever and gear knob.
The aluminum insert has two bonded Omega® strain gages which change electrical resistance very slightly when force is applied to the shift knob. Due to magic the very slight difference in resistance gets converted by the Strain Amplifier to a voltage which can be used by the ECU to determine when you are applying force to the gear knob to start to shift gears.
The Strain Amplifier also has a off/on output so that the ECU does not need to compare the voltage with pre-set parameters in order to determine if a gear shift is taking place. The Strain Amplifier has two adjustment screws, one for forward force and one for rearward force, so that the shift force can be adjusted quickly with reprogramming the ECU.
- Adjustable cut threshold for both forward and backward gear lever movement.
- Simple 'no laptop' field adjustment with a screwdriver.
- Analog (voltage) output proportional to gear level force.
- Trigger output for ECU engine cut.
- Precision internal amplifier for accurate force determination.
- High quality Omega® linear strain gages.
- Temperature compensation for consistent operation.
- Made in USA
Can I use with with synchromesh transmissions?
- Brand: Hondata, Inc.
- Product Code: strain
- Availability: Out Of Stock