2001-2005 D17 Civic DX, LX, HX & EX Manual transmission only (US vehicles only)
The K-Pro for the D17 consists of a hardware modification to a donor K-Series ECU, a specially modified cam timing wheel, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
Within the USA this product is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public highway.
- The stock D17 ECU cannot be converted to a programmable ECU. A new RSX-S ECU or donor ECU must be used.
- The Hondata adjustable cam pulley has specially modified timing teeth. The stock timing wheel will not work.
- The Civic HX and all 2004-2005 Civics use a wideband 02 sensor compatible with the K-Pro.
- Base maps are included for a stock D17 non VTEC Civic and a D17 non VTEC turbo.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on automatic D17 Civics.
- Any K-Pro used on a 2002-2004 RSX-S will work provided the Hondata cam gear is used.
ECUs for the D17 may be sourced from the following vehicles
- 2002-2004 RSX Base 5 speed (PND -A0 ECU)
- 2002-2004 RSX Type S 6 speed (PRB-A0 - ECU)
- 2002-2004 CRV 5 speed (PPA-A0 ECU)
- 2002-2005 Japanese DC5 Integra Type R (PRC ECU)
- 2003-2005 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
- All 2004-2005 Civics and the 2001-2003 Civic HX use a compatible wideband 02 sensor. Two wires need to be moved for rear O2 operation.
- The 2001-2003 Civic DX, LX & EX Civics use a narrowband 02 sensor. Two wires need to be moved for closed loop operation.
- If you plan a K engine swap, install the appropriate engine harness and switch on VTC in the KManager software.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds via USB.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- The D17 knock sensor is incompatible with the K-Pro and must be disabled in the KManager software.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- The K-Pro ECU can be matched to the Civic immobilizer system. See here for details.
- For training materials see here.
- The adjustable cam pulley is shaped differently than stock. You will need to remove the power steering pump and alternator and loosen the engine mount.
- Removing the stock ECU is fairly involved. There are three choices for the K-Pro installation:
- The K-Pro can be installed in the location of the stock ECU.
- The K-Pro circuitry can be installed into the Civic's stock ECU case. You will need to cut a USB hole.
- The K-Pro ECU can be installed in the glove compartment. You may need to cut the rear plastic.
2004-2005 DX/LX/EX & 2001-2005 HX installation
For the Civics that use a wideband sensor you need to move two wires to activate the rear O2 sensor. If you have OBD 2 disabled and do not need to use the secondary O2 then it is not necessary to move the wires.
2001-2003 DX/LX/EX installation
These Civics have a narrowband O2 sensor. The donor US ECUs (see above) are designed to run by default with a wideband front O2 sensor. So we use a European PRA calibration, which is designed to run with a front and rear narrowband O2 sensor, feed the voltage from the Civic's front O2 sensor into the K-Pro's rear O2 sensor input, and alter the K-Manager software to run closed loop from the secondary O2 input. In this situation OBD II must be disabled.
K-Pro Certified Installer List
Who are the approved dealers?
( listed alphabetically by state/country )
- Motorvations (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Locash Racing
- Tavos Tuning LLC (email: email@example.com)
- Genesis Automotive Group LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Honda & Acura Solutions and Sounds, LLC (email: email@example.com)
- iShorty-Tech Engineering, LLC.
- Pons Auto Service (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Proclass Performance (email: email@example.com)
- PSI Import Tuning (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Top Secret Import Tuning (email: email@example.com)
- Tri-State Performance LLC
- Tutomo Racing, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wired Electronics (email: email@example.com)
- Rolo's Garage (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Honda Medics of Charleston LLC (email: email@example.com)
- Auto Laminar Inc. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Garage Five Performance
- Johnston Research & Performance, Inc. ( JRP )
- RD Turbo
- Synoptic Tuning
- Total Tuning (email: email@example.com)
- Action Motor Limited
- GTI Engineering Ltd (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ProviCar S.A. (email: email@example.com)
- R2Racing (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- AJ Racing (email: email@example.com)
- Formula R Motorsport (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Origin3 Performance / AAI Motor Sports (email: email@example.com)
Check back here for updates or inquire with your closest dealer.
|EPA/CARB status (USA)||Competition vehicles only|
|Part Number||PRB (A01-A12 & 305)
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (8 MB memory, 10-215 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from lean air fuel ratios, over boost and low oil/fuel pressure.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar.
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2 or aftermarket wideband.
- PWM output for boost control
- Bluetooth support and Hondata Mobile app.
- Ethanol sensor input for flex fuel capability.
- Alternate speed sensor input.
- Dash output serial & CAN streams.
- Live tuning and auto tune.
KManager editing software features:
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables at multiple cam angles for correct VTEC and VTC tuning.
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
THE VERDICT: Hondata K-pro is the sh_t!! Ever since I got my RSX, I never seemed to bond with the car like I did with my Old civic Si... I tried putting bolt ons, making it look pretty, a turbo kit and nothing seemed to helped it.... but the I added K-Pro.. and its a different story. The car feels and pulls sooooo strong its unbelievable. I raced my friend with a turbo prelude, port and polish, higher boost etc, and i can literally say that I left him like he was standing still! Before Hondata we were pretty much dead even all the way to 100. Yesterday, I gave him a 2 second lead and I railed him in soooo fast that I thought that he had either let off or slightly tapped the brake... needless to say, it made me fall in love with my car again!!
- Brand: Hondata, Inc.
- Product Code: KPro D17
- Availability: In Stock