From the factory FK2/FK8 ECUs cannot be programmed over OBDII and must be unlocked ('jailbroken').
An 'Instant Jailbreak' allows your FlashPro to jailbreak your FK2/FK8 ECU in your vehicle without the need to remove the ECU.
You will need a FlashPro and the FlashProManager software installed. It does not matter if the FlashPro is locked to the ECU or not.
1. Make sure your FlashPro is registered
2. Plug the FlashPro into your vehicle, switch on the ignition. Open the 'FlashPro' window and select the 'Jailbreak' tab. Check the vehicle VIN is shown.
3. Copy the VIN (to the computer clipboard).
4. Purchase this product 'Instant Jailbreak' using your vehicle VIN.
5. Enter the order number from your online purchase.
6. Click 'Instant Jailbreak'. The process takes 30 seconds.
It is important to enter your VIN correctly. US vehicle VINs start with SHHFK8. Outside the US VINs may start with SHHFK8, FK8 or FK2. For this reason we recommend using the 'Copy' button on the 'FlashPro' window to copy and paste the VIN rather than hand entering the VIN.
The order number is found in the email send after completing your order and also in your history.
If your ECU has been 'bench reflashed' then the ECU must be returned to 100% original condition for jailbreaking.
- Brand: Hondata, Inc.
- Product Code: instant-jailbreak
- Availability: In Stock