Counterfeit S300s have been sold as new and used in the US, Canada, Europe and Australia. This counterfeit circuit board is a poor quality copy of the revision 8 (r8) S300.
There are no known counterfeits of the newer white circuit board S300
Counterfeit S300 characteristics
- Typically sold with an ECU as used on online forums for a low price.
- The installation is poor, with bad soldering, missing / invalid serial numbers and missing or incorrect value components.
The counterfeits show some or all the following behaviors:
- Failure to upload or datalog.
- Random rev limits.
- Failure to start
- Corruption of ECU table data.
We do not advise driving your vehicle on a counterfeit S300 due to risk of engine damage.
How do I know if my S300 is authentic?
What should I do if I suspect my S300 is counterfeit?
- Check the above characteristics to confirm if your S300 is counterfeit.
- Send a photo to email@example.com for Hondata for confirmation.
- Send your suspect S300 board to Hondata for confirmation.
What should I do if I my S300 is determined to be counterfeit?
- Contact the seller and ask for your money back. The counterfeit should be sent to Hondata for destruction - knowingly selling a counterfeit product is a federal offence with a maximum 10 year jail sentence and/or $2,000,000 fine.
- Send to Hondata for an exchange to a genuine S300 for $350 ($400 outside the US) using this form.
When purchasing, how can I guarantee that I receive a genuine product?
- Purchase new only from an authorized Hondata dealer.
- Be careful when buying a used S300. Verify the S300 image with the above guide before buying.