S300 upgrade question

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Turbosol

S300 upgrade question

Post by Turbosol »

Hey, I tried searching but couldn't find an answer, I have an s300 v1 that I would like to upgrade to s300 v3 but want to know if you guys are able to transfer my current tune to the new unit? It's functional btw, the battery hasn't died yet but it's been like 11 years so it's due I think.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300 upgrade question

Post by Spunkster »

We try, but you should save a copy of your calibration to your hard drive just in case so you can upload it when you get it back.
Turbosol

Post by Turbosol »

Wonderful, thank you. Oh and this is just a curiosity but does the car battery power keep the chip powered and or assist it? I read that leaving a car without battery power tends to speed up the chips internal battery failure and I was kinda curious why.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The newer s300's do not have a battery to back anything up, so this is not an issue with new s300's.
Turbosol

Post by Turbosol »

I meant on the V1. But thanks for the help, I'll be sending it in next week.
Turbosol

Post by Turbosol »

I just got my ecu back, everything looks great and you all had super fast service! The car runs so I'm guessing you were able to download my old tune off the S300 green board and upload to the new V3 but out of an abundance of caution I plan on uploading the original tune file to it, but I'm completely new to this stuff and need some quick guidance. So to overwrite the tune file currently on the S300 v3 do I simply get the tune skl file from my tuner then click "open calibration" then select the skl file then click "upload"? Will this overwrite it properly or is there more to it?

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That is all you need to do to overwrite it.