2010 Si map recommendations? examples?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
kirk10x

2010 Si map recommendations? examples?

Post by kirk10x »

As a relative newcomer to this product, I have been delighted to have eliminated the mid-range hole that existed with the factory mapping. I am still running stock equipment, and my tuning thus far has addressed only the VTEC window, lambda tables, cam tables, and throttle plate.

The "stock, tuned" map has been my only reference. I would welcome the opportunity to learn from what others have done with their maps. My testing has been both "seat of the pants" and measured data collection, but I have not involved a dyno or a tuner yet. My goal is to create the most enjoyable, drivable map using the stock hardware. (Where I live, annual inspection requires a visual check of emission equipment, not a sniff test.)

Perhaps this is ignorance on my part, but I expected many of the curves to be more "smooth". The stock ignition map seems to be far more erratic than I expected. Why, I am not sure.

I also have questions concerning the cam angles. Is the lobe separation angle related to the overlap period? Please explain what the "stock, tuned" map cam angles are actually doing. I would have imagined that an increased overlap period would be desirable as the rpms climb.

For the record, I really haven't modified the tuning below 3500rpm.

Thanks,
Kirk A