Pm4 V tec conversation

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
konarocks*

Pm4 V tec conversation

Post by konarocks* »

Now that winter is here the crx is in the shop awaiting some love.

I currently have a b18a and want to start the Vtec conversion. Does my pr4 need the “Vtec conversion kit” added/soldered to the board or will hondata give me the ability to turn on Vtec and use an output to connect to the vtec solenoid/pressure switch and utilize ALL of the same factory set up? I’ve been looking and have found a wiring diagram here but I’m not sure if that needs to be done regardless of if that’s in place or adding the Vtec components to the board. I have to add the hondata anyway so a bit more soldering doesn’t bother me if that means no extra relay is needed externally.

I see a lot of info for the p75 ECU but not so much on the pr4.

Here’s the diagram I’m talking about.https://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/i ... l?vtec.htm
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Pm4 V tec conversation

Post by Spunkster »

If you do not want to use an external relay then components would have to be added to the ECU for VTEC to operate.

You can operate VTEC with a non-vtec ECU using a relay using the diagram at: http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/vt ... htsub=vtec
konarocks*

Post by konarocks* »

Is the s300 with my pr4 (obd1) going to be the best option or would I see benifits from picking up another ecu?

Will the s300 give me 2 maps for the vtec mapping that I can use via the optional outputs?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no reason to not use the PR4. It has all the functions other ECU's have and you can see all the software can do by downloading it from the software section of the website.
konarocks*

Post by konarocks* »

That’s what I was hoping to hear. Thankyou.

I’ll be grabbing a hondata in the next few paydays here.