Pnb ecu atm vs mt

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Juniorfrechette

Pnb ecu atm vs mt

Post by Juniorfrechette »

Hello i buy a used ECU PNB A55 with k-pro 4 installed in and the guy who sell it to me says that it was installed in a 2003 Rsx-s manual transmission. But i know that the ecu at first is designated for automatic transmission. My car is a 2003 base rsx manual transmission and when i try the ecu in my car the motor run but really badly. So i tried to upload a new calibration for stock base rsx in the ecu with kmanager on my laptop but it dosent work and at the bottom its written : Driver installed / Online / ignition off
so my problem is it because the ecu is meant for an automatic trans ??
and can i remove the kpro4 module in the ecu and solder it inside my PNB A07 stock ecu ??

thanks in advance
George Frechette
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Pnb ecu atm vs mt

Post by Spunkster »

Are you sure it is a PNB and not something else?
Juniorfrechette

Post by Juniorfrechette »

Ecm is pnb for shure
I check the ig1 and ig2 pin at the ecu and i only have 1.8 volts on each pin so i jumped two temporary ig 12v wire to the ecu and ingnition changed to on on my laptop !!!!
So i upload a stock rsx base calibration and now motor runs like new !! probably i dont need to modify my manual stock ecu it seems to work perfectly
because its a race car i dont know when i gonna have time to bring the car to a race track .... to be continued
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

A PNB ECU is not supported.