Timing issues, basemap change?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
brapam3K20

Timing issues, basemap change?

Post by brapam3K20 »

I am currently awaiting a new timing chain kit to fix my FG2. I have a basemap tune on her right now, currently running the one for skunk2 I/H/E with stage 1 cams. Come to find out, when I go to do my valve lash adjustment and check the cams (due to my datalogs showing some knock and IGN timing being too advanced) these things are NOT aftermarket stage 1 cams like I (and previous owner) was told - they’re stock, and miserably out of time with the crankshaft. To which I thought, “awesome.”

*NOT TO MENTION: The cam collar/lock/whatever you want to call them, there were like 7 loose bolts.. what. Probably accounts for the knock/weird angles/etc. Also maybe accounts for the chain teeth jump, but at 170k mi., I assume it’s the OEM tensioner/stretched chain, so as long as I got her broke down this far I might as well replace it.

So when I complete this tedious job that was to just be a lash adjustment, should I choose a different basemap to run on the stock cams? Or should I keep it and adjust cam degree/IGN/etc. through the flashpro?

As far as I can see, everything inside the engine head is stock. Fuel injectors are stock 310cc, valve springs are stock, I also assume everything is original OEM - though they were inside to at least replace the valve cover gasket seal because that was a replacement.
Aftermarket CAI, wide bore TB, intake man., headers, cutback. All skunk2 except the TB.

Next week after the repair and button up Ill post datalogs.