AF ratio is off, do I need upgraded MAP?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Inkandhonour36

AF ratio is off, do I need upgraded MAP?

Post by Inkandhonour36 »

Hey guys. Got a 2007 Si FG2 with some mods:
-Skunk2 CAI, 72mm grams TB, Pro-Series intake manifold
-Skunk2 Alpha headers, Magnaflow catback exhaust
-Skunk2 stage 1 cams, Innovative motor mounts, K-Sport coilovers.. and I believe that's it for performance mods.

So I just got my flashpro, did the 'skunk2/stage1' basemap to get me by until I figure out the program. I'm noticing that my air/fuel ratio is a little off the desired numbers so I'm wondering if maybe I need to get in there and make a few alterations.
I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A RIGHTEOUS TUNE!
Anyone willing to help me out with a little fuel trimming or whatever it may be that's causing the problem.. I haven't been through every second of the datalogs yet but I am not getting a lot of knock, maybe a little bit more than I should, and I would like to know if I should go with another basemap or just tweak this one to get me by until I can get in with a tuner. What do you think?

I also have a stock MAP sensor but I am ordering a 4 bar today. I believe that also may have something to do with it considering these are MAP-based tunes and the stock sensor is only good to 10psi max. I don't have turbo, so I don't know that it's necessary for me to have all that, but I don't think increased pressure capacity is ever a bad thing when it comes to an internal combustion engine.

I am by no means an expert, but I know my way around a car and I do all my own repairs. I am a quick study. I just need a bit of information and direction. I appreciate all your time and your assistance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: AF ratio is off, do I need upgraded MAP?

Post by Spunkster »

The MAP sensor has nothing to do with this and you do not need to change the map sensor if you are not using a turbo that you make over 10 psi with.