Jailbreak fail - please advice

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
monkey6473

Jailbreak fail - please advice

Post by monkey6473 »

So. I think I might be screwed here. Let's start from the beginning.

I have a 2018 FK8 (EU), which I tried jailbreaking a couple of hours ago. Everything was going great, the progress bar appeared, I got all the errors (as expected), and then suddenly (near the end I think) the Flashpro application just disappeared. No errors, nothing. The application was just gone.

I tried restarting the application.
I gave it some time in case the flashpro was doing something cool and then tried reconnecting the Flashpro (I did all the disconnects in different orders).
I left the car for a while and tried again.

But now the flashpro won't detect the ECU, the status thing at the bottom left just say "ECU unavailable". The "OBD II" thing has a green checkmark though.

The car is still in "all the errors mode", and obviously won't start. Fwiw the doors can still lock/unlock as usual.

- Online > Show last status says "The last flashpro upload succeeded"
- The flashpro tab on the flashpro window says everything is OK (except "ECU: Not detected")
- I even managed to extract a datalog, which looks pretty empty, but still

Please advice on how to proceed, right now I'm kind of worried. The car isn't parked in a great place for long term (or too easy access for me, unfortunately), so I'm really hoping for some miracle here (or tomorrow I will have to get it towed somewhere) :)
Attachments
hondata.png
hondata.png (31.62 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Jailbreak fail - please advice

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.
monkey6473

Post by monkey6473 »

That sounds lengthy, I was really hoping for a non-tow solution :) But I get it, it's hard to advice on something like this. I'll get it done after some panic- re/-connects tomorrow. Thanks for now!
monkey6473

Post by monkey6473 »

I sent this thread to hondata as my detailed description, so I figure I might as well enter updates here as well.

I just noticed that when the car is completely off there is a clicking sound that is only present when the flashpro is connected. I don't know if that's important.