What all is the SYNC light dependent on?

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
CPB

What all is the SYNC light dependent on?

Post by CPB »

This was a working system, but recently it no longer starts. The POWER (green) and IGN (red) flash. The SYNC doesn't illuminate at all when turning the engine over.

I've continuity tested from the ECU male pin to the CPR harness plug for the purple SYNC wire. I get 0 ohms for the sync and the ign.
What are all the dependencies for the SYNC light on the CPR control unit? I'm not sure where all to check after eliminating the harness to ECU connection. The s300 calibration has the three CPR checkboxes for sync enabled. I've tested this on two different ECU's a P28 and a P06. Same S300 v2 each time.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: What all is the SYNC light dependent on?

Post by Spunkster »

The power light should not flash. You should follow the troubleshooting in the help file: http://www.hondata.com/help/cpr/troubleshooting.htm
CPB

Post by CPB »

Sorry, I was not clear enough

-Green light is illuminated solid
-Red light is flashing
-Sync light is off

My question is what is the sync light dependent on? The continuity between the ALTC/SYNC ECU pin and the CPR harness is good. What is required for that light to flash?
CPB

Post by CPB »

After connecting SManager again I see there is a CEL. Code 4 for the crank angle sensor. Is the sync light dependent on the crank angle sensor? This car was working after originally installing the CPR, but after a few days the sync light stopped flashing and I am trying to determine why.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to resolve that error before going any further. There may be a problem with the distributor.
CPB

Post by CPB »

I finally sourced a replacement and was able to get the sync light to flashing and the car running. Is there a list of all dependencies for SYNC?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Just what is in the help file.