AFR goes crazy.

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
JJ Curbelo

AFR goes crazy.

Post by JJ Curbelo »

Hi,

I have a situation with my civic FA5 where the AFR goes crazy from time-to-time. This condition, generally appears after a pull. After I finish the pull and start cruising, the AFR start to become VERY rich (11.0:1 or lower).

I've tried:
S. Trims are +-5% before the problem appears
The O2 sensor have 2 years
Tried different MAPs and also tried MAF
Sent the injectors for a service to clean and replace the filters
I've tried a calibration from another FA5 that I tuned

This has happened like 4 times in a 2-year span and normally I need to start from scratch the calibration because even a base map don't work because is "too rich", so I begin to reduce the fuel numbers to a VERY low level until it become lean. From there, I start to increase the values until the ECU asimilates the numbers pero antes de que la ECU comience a comportarte correctamente, tengo que subir sobre 10 calibraciones.

The only thing I can think is the ECU due to the quantity of reflash I've made. I know that the ECU has a very high limit of times that it can be reflash and maybe this is the culprit. Any help?
JJ Curbelo
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: AFR goes crazy.

Post by Spunkster »

The number of times it has been reflashed should not matter. Are you using live tuning and leaving it on?
JJ Curbelo

Post by JJ Curbelo »

I'm not 100% sure so, I'll check that and I'll let you know. Thank you!
JJ Curbelo
JJ Curbelo

Post by JJ Curbelo »

So after a little more than a month, the problem hasn't come! I remember a similar situation I had with the vtec not engaging at the RPM's I tuned, and the issue was an electrical problem with the rear's turn signal. Because I don't like the idea of cutting my OEM harness to add turn signal bulb for my side markers, I placed a connector for this and sometimes, it produced some false contact. I removed all of the remaining connectors and, I hadn't any issue since then. If something changed, I'll let know. I hope this can help our community in any way.
JJ Curbelo