S300 into 2000 Civic running a 2000 b18c5

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
itrcivic

S300 into 2000 Civic running a 2000 b18c5

Post by itrcivic »

I am not so great with the electronic side of things. I’m just wondering what is the best route for me to go ? I have been running a p2t ecu (not sure if it’s chipped or how that works, I got it from a friend, plugged it in and it just worked.) but now that has a barometer sensor code which basically means that ecu is toast from what I’ve read. I liked the p2t because it’s obd2 which is the same as the car and motor, and it allows me to still use a code reader (but I guess with hondata there is no need for that?) it actually worked was the main good thing about it.

I also have a chipped p06 ecu which supposedly has a base map tune on it for this motor, I have the obd2b-obd1 harness obviously, but I could never get it to work properly (rpm gauge sits at 0, acts like it’s in limp mode, etc)
I think it’s chipped with Crome, but I don’t know much about these things.
So I’m wondering, since it has already been chipped can I still use that ecu if I get hondata ? Or do I need to get a different/untouched obd1 ecu ? And does it matter what ecu I have ? Are some better to use then others, or does hondata level them all out ?

Car is a 2000 Honda Civic ej8
Motor is a 2000 b18c5 bored out to 82mm, if that makes a difference or helps any.

Thanks in advance!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300 into 2000 Civic running a 2000 b18c5

Post by Spunkster »

The ECU would have to be re-socketed to use with the s300. You will have to resolve any wiring issues that are causing things to not work correctly. If you use a non-VTEC ECU you will also have to do some additional wiring for VTEC: http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/vt ... htsub=vtec
itrcivic

Post by itrcivic »

I have recently got all wiring issues resolved, (as far as I know) there are no codes and the engine light is off.

ACU = ?

Everything is wired and plugged in and ready to go, I’m looking for more of what computer will work best with my setup or if my p06 can still be used to put hondata into.

Vtec always worked before so do I still have to wire in something for that to work ?

Is “re-socketing” hard to do ? I will most likely take it to someone to do all of the computer/soldering things, was just wondering if I should look for a new ecu first or if this one is useable.

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The P06 can be used