CEL U0302 ECM/TCM version mismatch

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
Outatime

CEL U0302 ECM/TCM version mismatch

Post by Outatime »

Hello, I'm new to all this and had just installed a brand new Sprintex supercharger on my 2011 Honda CR-Z. I have had both recalls done prior to installing my supercharger and was provided a tune file for the Sprintex which had the same modifications.

Before I installed the supercharger and flashed the vehicle with the tune, there was nothing wrong with it, no error codes at all. There is nothing mechanically wrong with my CR-Z. After installing the Sprintex, I flashed the CR-Z with the Hondata flashpro using the provided .fpcal file, I ended up getting a "check emissions system" error code on the dash. This also showed up as error code "U0302 Software incompatibility with transmission control module" on the flashpro manager.

All my drive modes are currently locked out and the CR-Z is in its "limp mode" as other members have called it where it limits the vehicle to about 4k rpm while driving. The CR-Z seems drivable but not good for highway speeds since it is being limited with the terrible limp mode.

I read that someone else had a similar issue but with CEL U0301, and they were able to solve their issue by creating a new calibration and copying over all the information from their old .fpcal file to the newly created one. I have tried this and I still get the same issue with U0302. I have not had a chance to go to the Honda dealership today but that will be my next option to find out if my TCM software is out of date for these tune files on Hondata flashpro. But now that my original stock tune is gone, I bet I'd still get the same error flashing it back to stock using the flashpro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

My calibration ID is 37805-RTW-3050, vehicle model is CRZ US 2011 CVT.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: CEL U0302 ECM/TCM version mismatch

Post by Hondata »

You need to use a 2012 calibration. In the calibration window if you double click on the 'CRZ US 2011 CVT' after calibration you can change it.
Hondata
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

Hondata wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:29 am You need to use a 2012 calibration. In the calibration window if you double click on the 'CRZ US 2011 CVT' after calibration you can change it.
I'm a bit cautious about that suggestion. If I remember reading correctly from another topic, HondaHolly had done this same suggestion (which did not work) by uploading a 2012 calibration with the info copied over from the old tune onto a 2011 CR-Z. I read that it ended up causing the ECU to have an error (would not let any other calibrations to be flashed) in which she had to send the ECU and flashpro to Hondata.

Should I try the dealer first to see if there is a TCM update for my CR-Z?
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

Tried to contact a Honda dealer, sounds like they don't even want to touch my CR-Z let alone help me look up any updates, but there is an unofficial dealership that said they can look up my TCM. I mean I could try the 2012 calibration first, but I fear that the same problem HondaHolly had could also happen.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

I noticed that when I changed the calibration to "CRZ US 2012 CVT", the calibration vehicle slot would show "CRZ US 2012 MT". Is this a bug on the program? Even when I create a whole new calibration for "CRZ US 2012 CVT", the calibration vehicle slot would still show "CRZ US 2012 MT".
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is not a problem and should work.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

Spunkster wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:18 pm It is not a problem and should work.
Ok, I'll try the suggested solution first before going to the unofficial Honda dealer. I'll keep you guys posted and thanks for your help, because I really need this issue resolved asap.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

So, I just changed the vehicle model from the calibration window on flashpro manager from "CRZ US 2011 CVT" to "CRZ US 2012 CVT". As I had mentioned earlier in my previous comment, there is a bug on flashpro manager that seems to be preventing me from actually switching to "CRZ US 2012 CVT". Even when I completely create a new calibration with CRZ US 2012 CVT, still, it would instead show "CRZ US 2012 MT" on the vehicle model of the calibration after switching it or creating a new one.

I tried to upload it to the flashpro, but was met with an error window saying "You cannot upload a 'CRZ US 2012 MT' calibration to a 'CRZ US 2011 CVT' FlashPro". What is the next step I should take? Both the flashpro and flashpro manager are completely updated.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

I'm out of options here with the Hondata Flashpro, my CR-Z is not going anywhere safely. I cannot try the solution suggested since the FlashPro Manager thinks the calibration is for a MT vehicle instead of a CVT vehicle after switching and or creating a new calibration for CRZ US 2012 CVT, please advise.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

I sent two feedback reports, one about the TCM error code U0302 that I got after flashing my CRZ, and another report about the CRZ US 2012 CVT calibration issue showing as a MT on the vehicle portion after switching or creating a new calibration using FlashPro manager.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It looks like you need to get an update from the Honda dealer for your transmission controller.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:12 pm It looks like you need to get an update from the Honda dealer for your transmission controller.
I'll go to one of the Honda dealers that is an authorized Hondata dealer and see what they can do, I'll post an update after. And the CRZ US 2012 CVT issue is a completely separate issue.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

I'm bringing the CR-Z to the Honda dealer tomorrow. But worst-case scenario, if for whatever reason they cannot update the TCM, what other options would I have? Does the calibration have to be completely stock for them to change anything using the HDS unit? I'm going to bring it in with the modified calibration which is causing the TCM issue.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to return to stock before going to the dealer.