Won't download properly. SManager or hardware/firmware glitch?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
crluver123

Won't download properly. SManager or hardware/firmware glitch?

Post by crluver123 »

Just received a new s300 unit. Installed and tested, and everything seems to work correctly in a known good ecu. After uploading a map, if I try downloading the map from ecu to laptop it doesn't get the popup warning or a progress bar for reading the ecu; it just opens a stockp28 map. If I plug my old v1 back in, it operates perfectly fine. I can upload, and then download, the download popup appears normally, the "reading" progress bar appears normally, and the previously uploaded map is successfully downloaded. Then plugging the v3 back in, uploading a map, then downloading, no warning popup, no progress bar, just opens the stockp28 map again. In short, it is NOT downloading the map from the ecu.

It does not appear to be a problem with the s300 unit, as everything operates perfectly fine. It seems as if this is a glitch with the new version of s300 software. This is obviously a problem if any owner or tuner wants to download the map from the ecu to either save it as a backup or to modify it.

Download does NOT work with:
v3 serial: 60956
firmware version: 13
software version: 2.7.8

Download does work with:
v1 serial: 12996
firmware version: 1.04
software version: 2.7.8
crluver123

Re: Won't download properly. SManager or hardware/firmware glitch?

Post by crluver123 »

crluver123 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:32 pm ...and everything seems to work correctly in a known good ecu.
edit: everything seemed to work correctly in a known good ecu, until trying to download
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

New and old S300s work different for downloading the calibration. If no calibration was uploaded to the S300 (not ECU), then there is nothing to download.
Hondata
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

Hondata wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:45 am New and old S300s work different for downloading the calibration. If no calibration was uploaded to the S300 (not ECU), then there is nothing to download.
Obviously if nothing was uploaded to the ecu there would not be anything to download...

I uploaded to the s300v3 about 30 different times, using various full tunes I have done in the past. ALL attempts to download AFTER uploading a file to the s300v3 resulted in: lack of download warning, lack of download ("reading") progress bar, and always opening a stockp28 file labelled "untitled".
None, zero, download attempts from the s300v3 were successful.

All (100%) download attempts from the s300v1 were successful.

Also, I'm not sure why you clarified "to the s300 (not ECU)". They are one and the same. Upload is upload. It sends it to the s300. And download is download, from the s300. Even though SManager says "ECU" in multiple locations.
Kind of a confusing and insulting reply there... I've been tuning hondata since the s100 days when I first became a dealer. I'm not an inexperienced newb.

I created this post because I do know what should and should not happen, and I'm using it as a bug report and a request for a solution.

Also to add, when I first plugged into the new s300v3, it immediately performed a firmware update, before I could even get to the registration screen
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The download process is different between v1 and v3 s300s. Does it show the calibration in the s300 / calibration storage tab?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

On that same tab, does it also have a check to automatically store the calibration after uploading?

The s300 must be plugged into the USB on the laptop to see this.
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

I have been having an issue that has been driving me bonkers two diff laptops and even smanager removal and re installation on both units same results
It tells Me in a nut shell to go screw my self lol

Now it is s300 v3 and I have the most up to date update on it released Jan 2022
When I tried to log in to a car that hasn’t been updated in a few years I get an error stating program needs to be updated but when I try to update and go to the update selection in the tab I get a comm error and it force closes on me
But if I open the calibration with out hooking up the cable it will load the map and all the minute I try to plug in the cable as soon as it links the hondata and the laptop the system code comes out software needs to be updated but clearly I’m on a updated version
Compose message
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

It says can’t contact hondata website
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must have internet access for the software to work.
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

So now I know I have internet because I’m on the site responding. What is the excuse now
Same bs as before forgive me but I’m totally frustrated now and still no resolve. I have internet open the window open the program. Window opens I connect my usb all still on internet connection
Again window opens up I connect my usb program error pops up just as before I remove the usb and reopen the program it stay open with no issue until I connect the usb then boom it closes again I have done everything possible remove program re down load
Smanager tried different vehicle and ecu same issue. Multiple laptops all compatible with smanager. Tried different usb cables everything is stock in the car from dizzy to oem wires and spark plugs and grounds all cleaned and not broken even added more grounding just in case there was an issue with a ground loop

Now if I don’t connect the laptop to the s manager I can make adjustments and all the good stuff with no issue but as soon as that usb gets plugged up boom all over again I’m going to try an connect via Bluetooth and see if that make a difference
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

I literally updated the program last night when I was in my living room so I wanna say the most recent update unless you released one this morning
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

what is the actual version number from Help, About?
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have internet access when opening the software?

If you open the software and go to the help menu and click on check for updates, what does it do?