New s300 & CPR Issues - Fuel Dump/Knock + Electrical Load Errors

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
mokhkw

New s300 & CPR Issues - Fuel Dump/Knock + Electrical Load Errors

Post by mokhkw »

Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia,

1992 Honda Prelude H22Z1 JHMBB21500C000279 OBD1 (no conversion harness)

Tried using the OEM H23 OBD1 distributor with external coil and a new 1996 OEM H22 OBD1 distributor with internal coil. Engine harness is OEM.

Both ECU and Hondata s300v3 were purchased from JDMYard in Sydney(Aus) the Coil Pack Retrofit from Elusive Racing in Melbourne(Aus) in October 2021. Installed into the car and tuning attempted in Feb of this year.

Previously the car with running a s100 with a diablomotorsport P28. Unfortunately the capacitors failed and fried the board. The car started and ran on a stock P13 ( in limp mode due to larger injectors) before the new system was installed.

Prior to install I had an auto electrican check the wiring for faults and install new earths and battery leads/terminals.

Basically the car has spark but will not start. Tuner says fuel dumps and the same time the injectors and flowing and there are knock and electrical load errors. There are no Hondata dealers/tuners at my location but the tuner has over 20 years experience in multiple systems. He video called a few interstate tuners for advice and troubleshooting but found no solutions.

ECU was sent back to JDMYard for inspection and no faults were detected. Unfortunately the couldn't tell me what ECU model it was based of but confirmed that the Q37 transistor was installed and the knock board is not present.

Install procedure and trouble shooting were double checked. Coils are new OEM and tested as working. The unit flashes as described in normal operation and trouble shooting. Injectors were tested and bench flowed.

General consensus is that the CPR module is faulty. I contacted Elusive Racing about the issue and whether they can test the unit. They are unable to supply another CPR module for testing because of a shortage of stock and cannot test the unit themselves.

I'm after advice on what to do next. Is there anywhere in my region I can send the unit for testing? Or can I send it back to Hondata?

Thanks for your time.

FYI both JDMYard and Elusive Racing have been excellent to deal with. Thanks guys.
Attachments
s300B.jpeg
s300B.jpeg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1906 times
s300A.jpeg
s300A.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 1906 times
PreludeTune.skl
(11.51 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: New s300 & CPR Issues - Fuel Dump/Knock + Electrical Load Errors

Post by Spunkster »

mokhkw wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:47 pm Basically the car has spark but will not start. Tuner says fuel dumps and the same time the injectors and flowing and there are knock and electrical load errors.
This description of the issue does not make sense or really tell me what is happening. If there is spark then it is most likely not the CPR kit that is the issue. Is J12 cut on the ECU?
mokhkw

Post by mokhkw »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, J12 is cut.
Attachments
IMG_20220506_153720.jpg
IMG_20220506_153720.jpg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 1891 times
mokhkw

Post by mokhkw »

Spunkster wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:00 am This description of the issue does not make sense or really tell me what is happening. If there is spark then it is most likely not the CPR kit that is the issue.
If the ECU is tested and confirmed as ok & I've spent over $1000 with 2 tuners, a auto electrician and a mechanic all checking the wiring and fault testing/trouble shooting all to no avail then what should I do next?

Do I have to spend more $s removing the CPR and tuning it with plugs & wires to prove its working & then spend more $s putting the CPR back in again to prove it's faulty?

Or is there a way to test the unit itself without having to return it to Hondata?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Send and email to support <at> hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further
instructions:

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:
Description of problem:

Include a link to this thread.