'Dear EFICU'

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

eskonanu

'Dear EFICU'

Post by eskonanu »

So I've been a lurker for a bit, finally decided it was time to make an account. Obviously, this post is directed at EFICU - sorry, I can't PM because I'm a newb. So I've seen how incredibly helpful you are, and your wealth of knowledge and talent over and over as you've helped other get their tune right. I've got an 07 Si FA5, and a FlashPro in the mail. You've said that you don't ask for payment to help others, but please know that your time is valuable to me, and I'd love to pay you to have you help me with my setup.

Thanks in advance!
eskonanu

Re: 'Dear EFICU'

Post by eskonanu »

So here is a prelim log, one showing before, and one after applying the calibration. Havn't done a full 3rd gear pull yet, I wanna make sure this cal is somewhat okay before i push it. The cal was done for a guy who had a similar setup, it feels pretty good. Curious what you guys think. Does anything look crazy wrong to anyone?
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(4.47 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
datalog0003.fpdl
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Seems like you have a fan base now @EFICU.

Welcome to the Forum eskonanu.

-Ed
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

CalibratEd wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm Seems like you have a fan base now @EFICU.
I guess there are worse things in life, haha. I know you're doing good things over the the other categories so that's good Ed. You have a diverse set of cars and platforms in those categories.
eskonanu wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:28 am So here is a prelim log, one showing before, and one after applying the calibration. Havn't done a full 3rd gear pull yet, I wanna make sure this cal is somewhat okay before i push it. The cal was done for a guy who had a similar setup, it feels pretty good. Curious what you guys think. Does anything look crazy wrong to anyone?
Sorry for the delayed response, it's been a heck of a week for me. If you want some help with it we can do some work on it.

What modifications do you have currently?

Do you have plans to add any performance mods in the near future?

The datalogs don't look too bad, but they are definitely not dialed. We can make it a lot better.
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

No need to apologize, I understand you have other things going on - I really cannot overstate how much I appreciate your time. So this is embarrassing, I actually stole your tune from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=24798. He had similar mods, and I had been reading mixed reviews about the built-in FP calibrations, so I went with yours - it's attached for reference. Let me start by saying WOW, the difference is night and day. It already feels like I'm driving a different car!

Now, onto your questions. I bought the car with some mods, and have been trying to figure out what all the guy has done to it. Here's what I know about it so far:

The exhaust is crazy, I can tell there is a Skunk2 catback (415-99-1470), the rest looks like 3" custom. I can see an aftermarket header, but can't tell you a model. Looks like they left the cat on. I'll attach a pic, might get a laugh from some of the guys lol.

The intake is a K&N Typhoon SRI - who's idea it was to get air from next to the exhaust...I wish I knew. My IAT is regularly 120+ degrees. There's a Helix TB spacer in there too. As far as I know, the rest is stock. I definitely see a CAI in my future; K-Tuned, Hybrid Racing...I'm open to suggestions.

I know at some point you will need a 20-30 min. drive with a 3rd gear pull to redline - just let me know.

So that's about it. I'll be taking it easy for the time being, until you tell me it's safe. Just wanted to say thank you one more time.
Attachments
20220427_174109.jpg
20220427_174109.jpg (3.84 MiB) Viewed 1290 times
20220505_075328.jpg
20220505_075328.jpg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 1290 times
20220505_074822.jpg
20220505_074822.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 1290 times
DaCalviOne.Hybrid.Rev05 (Vtec4600)(Sport).fpcal
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
B0BSK1

Post by B0BSK1 »

I did something g similar to you bud with a tune and what a diffrence it made the car was totally diffrent lol. Now the tuning legend eficu has spared some time to start mu own custom tune so looking forward to see your progress too bud
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

B0BSK1 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:13 am I did something g similar to you bud with a tune and what a diffrence it made the car was totally diffrent lol. Now the tuning legend eficu has spared some time to start mu own custom tune so looking forward to see your progress too bud
I feel like we won the lottery, man! lol I honestly feel better having eficu tune me than some guy I've never met at a random performance shop, or even an e-tune. I'll be following you as well, feel free to message me anytime my friend. I'm legit considering designing 'EFICU' vinyl decals, that'd look dope above the i-Vtec factory decal haha.
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

OK I couldn't stand it, I pulled the trigger on a CAI today. It should arrive around the 16th, I suppose we should wait to go too far tuning with the SRI. Do you think I will be okay until then? I can't wait for my intake temps to drop 40 degrees.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (49.73 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

CalibratEd wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm Seems like you have a fan base now @EFICU.

-Ed
I did go a little fangirl, didn't I? Thanks, Ed, my name is John.
B0BSK1

Post by B0BSK1 »

S##tbag if you don't make the decals know hahahahaaha
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

eskonanu wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:01 pm

-Ed
I did go a little fangirl, didn't I? Thanks, Ed, my name is John.
Pleasure meeting you John. EFICU has helped out a lot of people. I hangout on the kpro and s300 side since he handle this side.

-Ed
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

EFICU wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:13 pm
I guess there are worse things in life, haha. I know you're doing good things over the the other categories so that's good Ed. You have a diverse set of cars and platforms in those categories.
Yea that is true there are worse things in life. I have had several interesting cars. It’s seems the k series is the new GM LS engine. People I putting them in all kinds of cars.

-Ed
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

CalibratEd wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:32 pm
Yea that is true there are worse things in life. I have had several interesting cars. It’s seems the k series is the new GM LS engine. People I putting them in all kinds of cars.

-Ed
Yeah it only took a decade or two for those guys to figure it out too which is funny. I keep seeing the videos pop up of the guy on YouTube with a vintage (ish) Ferrari with a K-Series in it. I bet Ferrari is livid. But I do admire your work ethic Ed. It's refreshing to see some running through and tuning VTC one by one. It seems like such a simple principle and IMO easier to do it. Sadly I see so many tunes from guys where all the tables are either the same, or you can tell it was a one size fits all tune.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

eskonanu wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:59 am No need to apologize, I understand you have other things going on - I really cannot overstate how much I appreciate your time. So this is embarrassing, I actually stole your tune from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=24798. He had similar mods, and I had been reading mixed reviews about the built-in FP calibrations, so I went with yours - it's attached for reference. Let me start by saying WOW, the difference is night and day. It already feels like I'm driving a different car!

Now, onto your questions. I bought the car with some mods, and have been trying to figure out what all the guy has done to it. Here's what I know about it so far:

The exhaust is crazy, I can tell there is a Skunk2 catback (415-99-1470), the rest looks like 3" custom. I can see an aftermarket header, but can't tell you a model. Looks like they left the cat on. I'll attach a pic, might get a laugh from some of the guys lol.

The intake is a K&N Typhoon SRI - who's idea it was to get air from next to the exhaust...I wish I knew. My IAT is regularly 120+ degrees. There's a Helix TB spacer in there too. As far as I know, the rest is stock. I definitely see a CAI in my future; K-Tuned, Hybrid Racing...I'm open to suggestions.

I know at some point you will need a 20-30 min. drive with a 3rd gear pull to redline - just let me know.

So that's about it. I'll be taking it easy for the time being, until you tell me it's safe. Just wanted to say thank you one more time.
I'm glad it worked out well for you. I'm always happy when guys like you find a calibration and they work well. I just hope guys are always looking for the newest revisions when they do, we're always fine tuning strategies and little things, but I'm glad this one worked pretty good.

Yeah that exhaust is wild. It looks like the header is modified and then the stock cat has been cut up and moved down to the middle of the car. In stock form, the cat is up higher. Do you have any plans to make changes to the header? If so, it looks like you would have to modify the exhaust too, or replace it. So let me know your future plans if any on that.

The new CAI will probably make quite a difference on the intake temps. The stock intake design moving the filter back has always baffled me, but I guess there is only so much room to package some of this stuff.

I made a couple adjustments from the datalogs you provided. Load this one, and make another datalog around 20 minutes and make a third gear WOT pull from 2500-8600 so we can see the WOT fuel. We'll get this one safe, then once you get the intake on we'll make some adjustments. But let me know what your plan is on the header, or if this is your setup moving forward.
Eskonanu.SD.Rev01.fpcal
(23.24 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

EFICU wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:53 am
CalibratEd wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:32 pm

-Ed
Yeah it only took a decade or two for those guys to figure it out too which is funny. I keep seeing the videos pop up of the guy on YouTube with a vintage (ish) Ferrari with a K-Series in it. I bet Ferrari is livid. But I do admire your work ethic Ed. It's refreshing to see some running through and tuning VTC one by one. It seems like such a simple principle and IMO easier to do it. Sadly I see so many tunes from guys where all the tables are either the same, or you can tell it was a one size fits all tune.
Thank for the admiration. I feel as if you’re going to do something do it right. Some people cut corners to get more tunes out and make more money. I started tuning because of that same reason. I didn’t trust what people were doing and customer service sucked at some shops unless you made outrageous amounts of power. I agree it’s a lot easier to tune VTC one by one.

Anyways keep up the hard work. I will jump out of this thread so I don’t cause confusion with the original poster.

-Ed