Post by chocolateman »

took this one on the highway
Attachments
datalog0026.fpdl
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
EFICU

Re: please help

Post by EFICU »

Looks good. Had a couple knock on your fifth gear pull, so I made some adjustments for that. It's looking good though, we might be there. Take this one for a spin when you can.
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

here's highway and city drive
Attachments
datalog0027.fpdl
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looks good. Still a few knock. I made some more adjustments. If it still persists then it might be false. But we'll see how this one looks.
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

that's a quick drive
Attachments
datalog0028.fpdl
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looks solid. No knock which is good, so go ahead make another one when you can so we see if it stays knock free and double check all the fuel stuff.
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

alright will do one tomorrow.
what do you think of mishimoto SRI i found one for a good deal, should i go for it?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Unfortunately you will end up with very hit intake temps all year. Especially in the summer time. Pulling all the hot air from the back of the engine will definitely hurt performance. In the summer you will see intake temps in the 140* range, which means when you couple that with the AC compressor running the car will feel really heavy. Anything that put the air filter in that area will suffer from very hot IATs. Not to mention the higher IATs introduce more potential for knock. I think they make a heat shield you can get. I'm sure that would help, but it wouldn't help too much. Either way if you get it we can tune for it, just pointing out the for sure downsides with a design like that.
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

So CAI would be a better choice right?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yes, or anything that points the filter towards the headlight. K-tuned makes an SRI that puts the filter behind the headlight and still in the engine bay, if you don't want the filter behind the bumper. Otherwise, if you're okay with the filter behind the bumper, then the Hybrid Racing or Skunk 2 are the clear favorites for true CAIs.
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

here's another datalog
Attachments
datalog0029.fpdl
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

is this SRI you are talking about? if so i will get this, i prefer SRI because it's my daily and it rains a lot here in my area
https://www.jspecperformance.com/produc ... 996-c20349
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

chocolateman wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:50 pm is this SRI you are talking about? if so i will get this, i prefer SRI because it's my daily and it rains a lot here in my area
https://www.jspecperformance.com/produc ... 996-c20349
Hard to say if it's the right one based on the photos and the part number. Here is the one I was referring to on K-Tuned site. https://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/8th-Ge ... p_601.html

You can get it in a complete CAI if you want, then you can swap to the SRI setup or go back and forth if you want. You can run one tune for it in both configurations if you wanted to. But this is the one I was referring to. If you look through the photos, I think it's one of the last photos, you can see it in SRI form. It's a pretty nice piece, and probably the best option for guys who want the filter in the engine bay while keeping intake temps reasonable.

Let me know if you decide to do this soon. Then we can readdress the knock once you get the intake. It's just odd you have knock in second gear with such little load on it in that gear during WOT. Make another datalog when you can and we'll see if there is a trend in it.
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

Part number is identical
What should i get 3” or 3.5”
They are the same price
chocolateman

Post by chocolateman »

here's a datalog

if you want we can stop here till i get the new intake
Attachments