Basemap advice - 2010 Honda Civic Si

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
reddanx35

Re: Basemap advice - 2010 Honda Civic Si

Post by reddanx35 »

Hey EFICU,
thanks again for all your help. here's two datalogs for today. I received my HR intake and hasport rear mount yesterday evening. It's all going on the car this Saturday for sure.
Attachments
4-5-22 datalog 3 reddanx35.fpdl
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
4-5-22 datalog 2 reddanx35.fpdl
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks good overall, we had a couple knock so I touched up the ignition for that. The fuel stuff looks good for now. I would say it looks good to go for now with the attached revision while you await the Hybrid Racing intake. Since you plan to install everything on Saturday, make a post in here on Friday night to remind me and I will send you the first revision for the HR intake. Then we'll go over all the tuning stuff for that.

Run this one for now. If you want to make a datalog with this one you can, but you don't have to.
reddanx35.Hybrid.Rev03 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.48 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Does the valve lash adjustment have any major impacts toward tuning at all? I purchased the car secondhand at 157,000km, and it's definitely on my to do list, though it may have to wait until it's warmer out and I get my valve cover back from the powder-coaters.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Not necessarily. If it's out of spec you might get more noise than when they are in spec, so flase knock could be a factor, but not likely. As far as tuning issues, there wouldn't be any worth noting. You can always hit me up when you do it and we can reinspect everything.
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Hey EFICU,

Just wanted to reach out to you regarding getting a basemap going for the HR intake, along with the current mods I already have. thanks again!

reddanx35
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

See, good thing you reminded me. Haha. I'm so busy I would have forgotten.

So here is the first file for the HR intake. Once you get the intake installed, take this for a datalog like you have been with twenty minutes of driving and a third gear WOT pull. This first one will be on the 0* cam angle, so it won't be very powerful, but it lays the foundation for everything we do moving forward. We'll run through and tune each cam angle, that way I can build you a cam angle map based on what your car likes.

Keep me in the loop tomorrow.
reddanx35.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.07 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
mugenjake

Post by mugenjake »

hey reddan and EFICU, I don't mean to hi-jack the convo but I found this thread via Google search because I uploaded the "FG2/FA5, MAP based, CAI, Skunk2 header & catback" basemap and took my car for a spin after finishing my Hybrid Racing CAI and PLM header yesterday.

I'm wondering if it would be safe for me to reflash with the starting point you gave reddan? I'm also pending an e-tune that I just paid for. I don't have much opportunity to drive my car for the next few days so it's no big deal, but just got nervous that that basemap is probably not something I should have on the car.. I can also start my own thread to save anyone confusion if that's the best etiquette, i'm a bit of a rookie with forums and flashpro both lol.

FWIW, i did datalog my short drives and saw no knocks.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

mugenjake wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:19 pm hey reddan and EFICU, I don't mean to hi-jack the convo but I found this thread via Google search because I uploaded the "FG2/FA5, MAP based, CAI, Skunk2 header & catback" basemap and took my car for a spin after finishing my Hybrid Racing CAI and PLM header yesterday.

I'm wondering if it would be safe for me to reflash with the starting point you gave reddan? I'm also pending an e-tune that I just paid for. I don't have much opportunity to drive my car for the next few days so it's no big deal, but just got nervous that that basemap is probably not something I should have on the car.. I can also start my own thread to save anyone confusion if that's the best etiquette, i'm a bit of a rookie with forums and flashpro both lol.

FWIW, i did datalog my short drives and saw no knocks.
You can get away with the calibration you're running for now. I read his initial post wrong about that calibration. You picked a race calibration which is MAP based, so it will work fine with your setup. Since you already have an e-tune lined up there wouldn't be any reason to make adjustments to it. None of the calibrations in this thread would do you much good honestly, the original ones are a hybrid calibration which you don't want, and the most recent one is running on the 0* cam angle for tuning purposes which won't yield you much power. So if you don't have any knock with the calibration you mention, you can drive it and be just fine. I don't know that I would go really aggressive on the driving until you get e-tuned, but you shouldn't have any issues. With that calibration, your fuel gauge reading will be a little off and your oil life monitor won't work. But that's no big deal, hopefully the e-tuner will use a standard calibration once you get it tuned.
mugenjake

Post by mugenjake »

Phew, thank you - that is a relief. Also thanks for the quick reply, it took all of 10 seconds for me to see that you're a hero on this forum.. Cheers!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

mugenjake wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:35 pm Phew, thank you - that is a relief. Also thanks for the quick reply, it took all of 10 seconds for me to see that you're a hero on this forum.. Cheers!
No problem, you're welcome! I should have been more careful with that post. I didn't see the "MAP based" working on his post. Good luck with your e-tune, hopefully all goes well.
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Hey EFICU,

Sorry to keep you in the dark. I did not get a chance to install the hybrid racing intake last Saturday unfortunately, and I don't think I'll get a chance to do it until end of the month. had a coworker pass away, and haven't had the time to work on the car since. Would you mind reviewing some datalogs for the car as it is? Still the same mods, did get to install the hasport rear mount, minus the HR intake. I just want to make sure car's still good for daily driving duties + some spirited driving as well. I will do the full 10-12 revision tune with you when I've got the HR intake installed.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah no problem, just make one when you can and we'll see how it looks.

Sorry to hear about your coworker.
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Thanks EFICU. That coworker was always curious what I've got going on with the car, definitely will miss him.

I've loaded up a datalog from today. hopefully its of use to you, traffic was sort of all over the place when I was running it. Just wanting to make sure its all good and safe to be driven daily.
Attachments
datalog 4-16-22.fpdl
(4.04 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sorry to hear that man, I wish you guys the best...

That datalog looked good. No knock, and the fuel stuff only needed some very small tweaks. Take this one for a spin when you can, no rush at all, it's 99% there.

reddanx35.Hybrid.Rev04 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.45 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Hey EFICU,

here's a datalog from the most recent tune. Just out curiosity, do you figure the HR intake will make much more of a difference vs the stock intake when looking at datalogs from other cars?
Attachments
4-18-22 datalog reddanx35.fpdl
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 57 times