Basemap advice - 2010 Honda Civic Si

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
reddanx35

Basemap advice - 2010 Honda Civic Si

Post by reddanx35 »

Hello all!

Looking to get some insight for my 2010 Honda Civic Si, particularly a basemap that's a good base to start off on to at least get the vehicle safely going before looking to get it street tuned. The vehicle will have these mods by the end of the week, just looking to prep myself to be on the safe side after all are installed.

- Hybrid Racing CAI
- Skunk2 Alpha ... header
- Invidia Q300 exhaust
- OE Replacement flywheel with Exedy Stage 1 clutch kit
- Hondata

I don't see myself modifying it beyond what I currently have at the moment, just to enjoy it as is. looking through the available basemaps on hondata, I believe I should be trying out the FG2/FA5 MAP based, CAI, Skunk2 header and catback exhaust. has anyone run the same set up and have any issues?

thanks in advance.
reddanx35
EFICU

Re: Basemap advice - 2010 Honda Civic Si

Post by EFICU »

The Hondata basemap you reference in your post will not work with the Hybrid intake. That calibration is MAF based, you need a speed density calibration to work with the intake or you will run into various issues and even check engine lights. At the same time, there are "race" calibrations that are speed density tuned, but those are no longer recommended or needed. And they leave you with no oil life monitor and a fuel level gauge that isn't 100% accurate.

You mention getting street tuned, so I don't know what your future plans are. I can send you a basemap that is close that would get it safe and drivable right away, and we can clean it up within a couple revisions until you get it street tuned. Or I can help you go in and do a complete tune on it if you want. Either way, just let me know. But as far as Hondata calibrations, I don't think any of them are speed density tuned which will cause you some issue with the intake you have.
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Hey EFICU!

Thanks for chiming in, I greatly appreciate it. If you don't mind at all I'd love to go with a basemap and a few revisions to try out. I am looking forward to the k-series power (hopefully!) I was able to get the header/exhaust all in. I should have the intake stuff in by the end of the week. I have the vehicle currently running with just the stock tune at the moment. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with Hondata, mainly just surfing the program.

thanks!
reddanx35.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. So your current setup is just the Skunk header and Invidia exhaust, stock intake?
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Yup, currently just on the SK2 header, Q300 and stock intake. Always fill Shell 91, and I'm located in Calgary, AB, approx. 1045m elevation. FedEx will hopefully drop off the HR Intake Monday, and will be installed by Saturday.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good, I'll give you a fairly simple basemap then to run for now, then we can spend more time on it when you add the hybrid intake. For the datalogs, shoot for twenty minutes in length and at least one third gear wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-8600. I don't know if this calibration will really wow you, but it should be fun at least and be easy to clean up within a couple revisions. Once the intake goes on, and you want to spend more time on the tune, it will definitely be strong once we tune it completely the way I like to. But see what you think, it certainly won't be a slouch on this calibration. Vtec is set at 4300 in this one.

The "Hybrid" term in the title means a hybrid calibration for MAF and MAP based control for fuel. It doesn't have anything to do with the Hybrid Racing intake. Just wanted to make sure I don't throw you off, haha.
reddanx35.Hybrid.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.12 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Hey EFICU,

Hopefully I did this right. I was able to do a 3rd gear pull towards the end of the datalog (if I did the datalog file right, haven't fully figured it out haha). Feels a lot better than running it on the stock tune with all the mods.
Attachments
4-4-22 reddanx35 datalog 1.fpcal
(23.12 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks like you saved the calibration and not the datalog. See if you can find it and upload, if you have trouble figuring it out let me know.

Here is a little how to from Hondata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyLKSx6Te8
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Hoping I did this right this time! I will datalog my trip home, its about 30mins of a drive though is mostly highway.
Attachments
4-4-22 datalog reddax35.fpdl
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

Here's another run at the datalog. this one is a lot calmer, I was able to run a clean 3rd gear pull towards the end.
Attachments
4-4-22 datalog reddanx35 number 2.fpdl
(14.64 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Still not quite right unfortunately. That one was a 4 second datalog. It also looks like you're not running on my calibration. The commanded AFR at idle is hunting, mine is solid on one commanded AFR. So double check you have the proper calibration uploaded too.
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

I totally did the upload incorrectly, not sure what I even did earlier in the morning. I did figure out how to upload it, now when I click the flashpro tab, the under calibrations it says under notes - EFI Calibrations Unlimited Revision 1.00. I'll try to do another run tonight. Apologies for the previous uploads, I am still in the process of learning the Hondata side of things!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem at all. We'll see how it looks when you post it.
reddanx35

Post by reddanx35 »

I think I've got it.
Attachments
datalog0001 reddanx35.fpdl
(3.07 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yep you got it that time. Overall it looked pretty good. Part throttle fueling was right on, the WOT fuel was a touch lean so I cleaned that up. No knock in the datalog which is good. Take this one for the same type of datalog and drive, and we'll see how it looks.
reddanx35.Hybrid.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.33 KiB) Downloaded 78 times