Rev Bounce After Hondata Reflash 2014 Si

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Stewrut

Rev Bounce After Hondata Reflash 2014 Si

Post by Stewrut »

I have a 2014 honda civic si with 22.3k miles on it, I have a K-tuned SRi and a Generic catback(Bought when the car first came out) after i installed the SRI I didnt have any issues on the stock ecu tune but only put about 100 miles on it before i decided to buy the hondata. I flashed the ecu originally with the SRI, cat-delete and cat back exhaust base map but ended up getting p0171(To lean) code and at starting the idle rpm bogged than corrected itself. so i than reflashed to the hondata reflash base tune which i believe is basically the factory tune and after that it started fine and idled fine untill i started driving it. When driving anytime I put the clutch in and/or go into neutral i get rev bounce between 1k-2.1k until i stop moving and once i stop moving it bounces between 1k-1.6k. Also I want to mention i orignally bought the flashpro to disable ELD and the fuel ecnomony Alternator charging thing so that the alternator would charge the battery at a consistent 14.3V.

Any ideas what could be causing the rev bounce? Could it be because the smart charge system is disabled?
I also attached about a 20 min datalog to help. I am new to flashpro and tuning
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
EFICU

Re: Rev Bounce After Hondata Reflash 2014 Si

Post by EFICU »

A likely cause to your issue is that the K-Tuned 3.5" intake needs to be speed density tuned instead of MAF based. The diameter of the K-Tuned intake leaves the MAF sensor with a less than ideal reading. Although if you didn't have an issue before the FlashPro, that would be a little strange. The other could be that you need to do an idle relearn for the TB, which can be the cause of the issue. If you had the SRI calibration in there with the same problem, it most likely needs the idle relearn as that calibration is speed density tuned.

I can send you a basemap to test out the issue on a speed density based tune if you'd like. If the issue persists, it most likely in need of the idle relearn procedure. If it fixes the issue, then we would just have to go in and clean up the tune for fuel and ignition.

Here is a video on the relearn procedure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVYaAn5KzgQ
Stewrut

Post by Stewrut »

Yeah I didnt have any problems before the tune but again i dont feel like i drove it enough to notice cause i only did like 7 min trips each time i did drive it, this isnt my daily as you can probably tell by the mileage haha. The base map sounds like a good route since on each tune the idle acted differently. Thank you so much for your help!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay give this one an idle test and see how it goes. The idle is set at 800, so check to see if it's stable once it's warm, or the scenario like you've been having an issue with. If it's stable, take it for a twenty minute drive and datalog it. On the drive, make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-7500 so we can check the WOT fuel.

If the idle isn't stable, then research the idle relearn procedure and give that a shot. But let me know how it goes either way.
Stewrut.SD.Rev01.1 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.66 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Stewrut

Post by Stewrut »

That was so much better! Once the car warmed it it stabilized at 800rpms, and didnt bounce when the car was warming up. Once the RPMS stabalized i let the car idle for 10 mins before driving. it did not move at all! It drove nicely, there was a small amount of rev bounce when slowing down in neutral, it would bounce between 1000-1300 rpms until about 10 mph and than it would stabilize at 900-1000 rpms(it didnt bounce just each time i stopped it would be inbetween that range). I hope the WOT pull was good!
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(4.9 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Glad it’s better, it looks a lot better in the datalog. While looking it over my laptop died and I didn’t bring my charger with me. I see the rev bounce you mention, so I’ll look at it some more. I didn’t get to look at the WOT fuel closely, so at this point I would go out and beat on it, but the part throttle stuff plenty safe to drive around. I’ll try to get back to my charger within the next few hours here. So feel free to drive it, but don’t go doing any canyon runs or something. Haha.
Stewrut

Post by Stewrut »

Okay No problem! Im glad its looking better! Thanks for all your help!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay I'm back. Overall it looks great. I made some part throttle fuel adjustments and some ignition adjustments for knock. Take this one for a spin and we'll see how it looks. Feel free to have some fun with this one, it's plenty safe. Just be sure to shoot for twenty minutes and at least one WOT pull in third gear, other than that drive it how you want.
Stewrut.SD.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.67 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Stewrut

Post by Stewrut »

Okay that went well! The rev bouncing seems to be gone! it felt great as well! I did a few WOT 3rd gear pulls hope they help!
Attachments
datalog0003.fpdl
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks great. No knock, and the fuel looks great. I made a couple small fuel tweaks and that was it for this next one. I think we're on the right track now, this next one might be it. Take it for the same type of datalog and driving style with the third gear pull. But feel free to have fun with it otherwise.
Stewrut.SD.Rev03 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.74 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Stewrut

Post by Stewrut »

ok Thanks! I will have to do this tomorrow, my neighbor stopped me on my way back in from the last one and said ive kept her baby up all day haha. So ill have to do this one mid-day tomorrow. Again thanks so much for your help, I hope I can come to you in the future when I convert over to flex fuel
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, I'm glad we got it as good as we have so quickly. I currently don't do any flex fuel stuff, but if I can find the right customer to prepare settings for and all that I might be able to help you. You will definitely want the flex fuel sensor if you want to run e85. We'll see though, but at least we can get you dialed for gasoline while you sort all that out.
Stewrut

Post by Stewrut »

Gotcha, sounds good. Yeah the flex fuel will probably be a little while honestly but when i do decide to do it im going to get the sensor that runs of the 2nd coolant sensor. I will get new injectors( i was thinking 500cc) and a new fuel pump as well(300 lph) I will also probably do some more stuff to get more air such as rbc intake/throttle body. or atleast a throttle body spacer first haha
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. The RBC will require an entirely different tune from the one we are building now, so you might plan to do all that at once with the flex fuel. Especially if you end up going to a dyno tuner or someone like that. Tuning will get expensive to keep tuning it for multiple mods over and over. Just something to keep in mind. The RBC is easy to tune for, but it requires an entirely different fuel and ignition curve in the tables basically.
Stewrut

Post by Stewrut »

Oh good to know! thanks