2011 si help with K&N sri tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Krustydogs

Re: 2011 si help with K&N sri tune

Post by Krustydogs »

I wasn't sure how long to datalog for, so I did it for 20 minutes.
Attachments
datalog0012.fpdl
(3.32 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks great again man, I think we're there. Later this week, or this weekend, whichever you have more time, make another datalog and do some highway cruising where you're doing some light sixth gear acceleration. Similar to like you would if you were on a road trip or something. I just want to make sure you don't have any knock in sixth gear while accelerating on a road trip. Sixth gear puts a lot of load on the engine when trying to accelerate in it, so drive at say 55mph in sixth, then do some acceleration up to 75 or 80 mph with 50% or throttle or so, stuff like that.

Also, if you decide to add a race header in the future, I would recommend adding some RDX fuel injectors. The duty cycle is around 85% right now, so adding a race header will most likely get you into the low 90% which is where you want to add injectors. RDXs are an easy add, just be sure to get OEM ones from a quality vendor. Please don't buy cheap ones from Amazon or eBay, see why here https://iconicauto-design.com/blogs/new ... -injectors .

Other than that it all looks good. Have fun with it, and we'll see how that datalog looks later this week. Let me know if you need anything or have any questions.
Krustydogs

Post by Krustydogs »

I appreciate all of your assistance and will look into purchasing RDX injectors. I ran a few of 6th gear pulls from 55 to 80 mph, trying to get as close to 50 percent throttle as possible.
Attachments
datalog0013.fpdl
(847.75 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You're welcome. That datalog looks great man. I think you're good to go for now. Everything looks solid and you're not getting any knock in the heavy load areas which is great. Have fun with it, if you need anything in the future let me know.