2013 SI map for Acuity CAI & q300 - please help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Brandonja02

2013 SI map for Acuity CAI & q300 - please help

Post by Brandonja02 »

New to hondata, downloading, and etc. I have a 2013 civic si with a q300 cat back and am waiting to install an acuity CAI. can anyone help with a map to get the car started afterword or assist with dialing it in. also have a P2R TB spacer to throw on when I do the intake. any help would be appreciated.
Brandonja02

Re: 2013 SI map for Acuity CAI & q300 - please help

Post by Brandonja02 »

also new to the forum and didn't want to thread jack.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Do you have any plans to add a downpipe or any other performance mods, or is this your setup into the foreseeable future?
Brandonja02

Post by Brandonja02 »

these would be my only mods for some time. I don't want to do a dp because everyone says they hiss, even the catted ones. I had a ... mustang and it was brutal in drive throughs. I don't want that again lol.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I see. Yeah you can header wrap them and reduce some of the hiss, if you're referring to what I think anyways. It's just the sound of the exhaust escaping through the DP material because it's thinner than OEM. You would get used to it, but if you don't have a massive desire to run one anyways then I would sweat it. It does open up a lot of performance though.

When do you plan to put the Acuity on?
Brandonja02

Post by Brandonja02 »

ya, just going off what I heard on youtube videos and pages on facebook. I haven't heard one in person though. I wouldn't mind a catted one. do you know how much the gains would be? I'm just worried about having a loud/raspy/smelly car. but if the gains are there and the noise isn't incredibly louder and the smell isn't bad i'm not opposed lol. I know I'm talking in circles so to answer your original question, no I don't plan to for at least a year. unless you tell me it's going to completely wake up the car. As to when I'm putting on the acuity intake, i'd like to ASAP. I have everything to do so, just read the car doesn't run well or etc on a stock map with the bigger intake.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah I had the hissing on my 8th gen with a test pipe. You sort of get used to it, but there are some times you hear it which is usually on like a low RPM second gear acceleration or something. Mostly on a high load low rpm drive off basically, but you don't hear it all the time.

As for power I couldn't tell you for certain. It would all depend on how much it opens things up, if we only add a little cam angle from what it allows it may not be much, if it really opens it up then it might be worth a lot. Just as much as two cars can be similar, two cars can be very different as well.

It would probably be best just to tune it for the mods you have, then see what you think and then add the DP if you want down the road. It's best to go in and tune each cam angle one by one, then use that data for vtec rpm choices and to build a proper cam angle map based on what your car likes. This usually takes around 8-10 revisions on a setup like yours, if you are strapped for time we can do it a little quicker. That and with gas prices, I don't want to have you out making more datalogs than need be, twenty minutes of driving right now is expensive.

Anyways, let me know what you think. And if you want to install the intake today or tomorrow, or what your ideal scenario is so I can put together the starting file.
Brandonja02

Post by Brandonja02 »

in all honestly it'll most likely be over the weekend or tomorrow evening after work. I forgot, I'll need coolant for the little I'll have to drain to do the hose swap thing, although I also read you can undo the wires from the fuse box and go about it that way too. I haven't looked into it that closely. most just drain the rad and pull the hoses. You have to for the coolant one by the TB anyways. I don't mind the extra time it takes, it's my "fun" car I usually just drive on the weekends. I put H&R lowing springs on it and now I cant drive it over the speed bump at work lol. so after the install you're just needing a 20-30 min log?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. I'll get the first file put together for you and post it tonight or tomorrow so you can have it. Yeah datalogs will need to be in the twenty minute range, and I'll go over how to drive and what you should expect from each calibration. You'll end up making around ten or so datalogs in total. So either way, if you plan to do it tomorrow night or this weekend, I'll make sure you have the first file by tomorrow morning.
Brandonja02

Post by Brandonja02 »

Awesome! thank you! I'll try to get it all together and a log up ASAP
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay here is your first calibration. For the datalogs, we need them to be in the twenty minute range with as much stop and go type driving as possible. On the drive, we need to do one third gear wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7500 to work on the WOT fuel too. Be sure that you're datalogging through the FlashPro device and posting files saved from the device. We don't want any datalogs done through a laptop basically, so be sure click the datalog button on the FlashPro iteself, then save and send the file from it.

Let me know if you have any questions on anything.
Brandonja02.SD.Rev01.2 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.7 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Brandonja02

Post by Brandonja02 »

that install took way to long. sorry about that. I think I did the log right? the car felt a little wonky, which i'm sure is to be expected. good thing it can only get better from here lol
Attachments
datalog1-3-26-22.fpdl
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah I changed a few things to make it better. Not to mention it's on teh 0* cam angle so it doesn't feel strong. I am going to have you make another on the same cam angle and vtec to see if this one is better. That and I didn't see any clean third gear WOT pulls in from 2500-7500 to work on the WOT fuel. I made adjustments from what was there, but we need to get a clean third gear pull from 2500-7500 so we have WOT fuel data. So take this one for a spin when you can, it should be a lot better, shoot for the twenty minutes again with a clean third gear pull.
Brandonja02.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(23.12 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Brandonja02

Post by Brandonja02 »

Ah, gotcha. I think I did a 2nd to third gear pull. I'll upload this one tomorrow and get that WOT pull for u. Easier to stop cops during the day. Small town, they like to hide where you can't see them at night.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, be safe. Yeah if you absolutely have to we can use second gear pulls, but clean third gear pulls from 2500-7500 are better. More data on a longer slower sweeps basically. And try to get the pedal to the floor, on those pulls here your pedal was around 50% and the throttle body was only opening around 75%. The third gear pulls are a little weird, so I understand it takes a couple to get used to it. Find a safe stretch of road to get into third gear and hold it at 2500 for a second, then put the pedal to the floor until 7500. You'll figure it out, just mentioning stuff so we don't have to redo anything. Gas prices aren't cheap right now, haha.

Talk to you tomorrow.