Various questions about a few different settings

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
xxshift

Various questions about a few different settings

Post by xxshift »

Hi, I have a few questions that I've been wondering about for a quite a while, and I'd like to get more detail than what is provided in the help manuals. I will take whatever the most you're willing to give me.

Three different settings for secondary oxygen sensor. What do they all do specifically?

What areas of fueling do these affect? Open loop, Closed Loop, WOT, VTEC? I am having trouble determining when to expect them to be used.
Also, how exactly is low or medium or high flow determined?

Does S2000 Flashpro support Closed Loop operation in any form or fashion when engaged in VTEC/WOT?
If so, how do I set it up? If not, would it be possible to update Flashpro software to support it for the S2000?

What exactly does this do when checked or unchecked? All I know is that it controls the information seen on the lambda overlay parts of the fuel tables, but not much more than that. And also, which option is best for tuning with Closed Loop off and which one is best for Closed Loop on?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Various questions about a few different settings

Post by Spunkster »

They disable or enable the secondary O2 sensor and heater(header is a typo).
The error codes can be enabled or disabled using that.

The compensations should effect all conditions.

I would not recommend trying to run closed loop at al times as any issue with the O2 sensor could have bad consequences.

Lambda overlay does not have any effect on the vehicle it is just for display purposes.
xxshift

Re: Various questions about a few different settings

Post by xxshift »

Thanks for the reply. Couple of follow-ups.
Spunkster wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:16 am I would not recommend trying to run closed loop at al times as any issue with the O2 sensor could have bad consequences.
I will use your precaution on this, but I still would like to know if there is a way to run closed loop when the car is in VTEC/WOT/FuelHigh. If it is possible, how do I set it up?
Spunkster wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:16 am Lambda overlay does not have any effect on the vehicle it is just for display purposes.
What is the difference in the displayed information when this option ("In closed loop apply fuel trims") is checked versus unchecked?