K24a2 swap help

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Tayswizzle62

K24a2 swap help

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

I recently had my 07 Si motor swapped with k24a2 and also installed invidia headers, a 3” s/p to muffler, with 550cc injectiors and hybrid CAI. I swapped over my manifold as well. I got hondata when i got it swapped but to get it on the dyno and tuned is a whole mess where i amm backlogged for months just need to pep her up she seems very sad since I’ve got it back vsa is on as well. Ill be getting a “reflash” for my intake but im seeing if ill be able to run my logs and see if any revisions will need to be had after and future steps.
EFICU

Re: K24a2 swap help

Post by EFICU »

Which 550cc injectors do you have?
Tayswizzle62

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

Rdx 550’s. Sorry I didn’t check sooner! Drove it a bit today and it’s running bad Monday can’t come sooner.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

What's happening Monday?

So you're running higher fuel pressure to get 550cc out of the RDX 410cc injectors?
Tayswizzle62

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

Ill be getting it reflashed from a shop where im at called Richtuned. He did all the work and without being on his dyno he will just give me a basemap for my car. And yes correct just the 410’s. Is there a way to double check the flow pressure?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good.

The 8th gen has a fixed fuel pressure regulator, so even though you have a larger fuel pump it's still delivering the same fuel pressure as stock. The only way to check that flow would be if you have an aftermarket fuel rail with a gauge port, or drill and tap the stock fuel rail and install a gauge. RDXs with the stock fuel pressure are more than enough to handle your setup, there wouldn't be a need to run higher fuel pressure. If you do want to run higher fuel pressure, you need to research how to "crush" the stock pressure regulator to get it to feed more pressure.
Tayswizzle62

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

this is my current file im running i thought i was logging the drive but sadly was not so i will take her out and get a log for you to see if anything should be continued. Thanks again!
Attachments
base map 1 k24.fpcal
(22.66 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Is this the calibration that your tuner sent you, or the basemap you were running prior to your tuner sending a file?

This calibration isn't setup properly for RDX injectors, so try to get a datalog as soon as you can.

Also, are you running a 50* VTC wheel or the stock K24a2 25* wheel? If you're running the stock VTC gear this calibration isn't setup properly for that either.

There are other things that concern me, but let me know on these and we'll go from there.
Tayswizzle62

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

after just running out to try and get the exact tune i believe he locked it so i couldnt take a peek. unsure what i should do now. is there a way to get that info sorry i dont really know much. and nothing was swapped over but the manifold. when he did it he did tell me it didnt like the flash (another cars map) and the intake made a big difference with that map so might as well start from fresh.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Best thing to do now is just make a datalog of 10-20 minutes of normal driving so I can see how it looks.

Is your tuner just giving you a basemap to drive on with no revisions? And for how long until you get it actually tuned?
Tayswizzle62

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

okay will do. yeah just a map with no revisons. I was going to wait a little i need Mdx TB, type S oil pump and maybe cam gear. no sense to waste money for a tune and get all these and have to go back.
Tayswizzle62

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

this is the log i went driving for a bit sorry in advance how long lost track of time.
Attachments
Long Drive.fpdl
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it's definitely not ideal at all. From what I can see, the calibration you posted is the file in the ECU, which makes it nowhere near what you need. The cam angle map is commanding more rotation than the stock K24a2 can provide. The fuel trims are rich at idle, and they are maxed out trying to remove fuel. At WOT it's lean, and the trims are maxed from adding fuel. It's very much all over the place, among other things too...

How long until you plan to have all your mods added you mentioned in your previous post?
Tayswizzle62

Post by Tayswizzle62 »

it will be a while i didnt know it was that bad im glad logs were ran and you picked up on that. ill hold off for the ease of mind knowing everything is solid.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah there are more things, which we can discuss off forum if you want and I can explain them more. I don't like to get into things or start drama on forums.

I can help you run through and tune it if you'd like. We would essentially need to go in and tune each cam angle one by one, then blend out the tables to build a proper cam angle map and vtec rpm. It would take somewhere around 8-10 revisions to get it all dialed and smoothed. With gas prices like they are right now, we can do it a little quicker, but it would be best to do it the proper route so things are dialed.

Let me know what you think and we can go from there.