Hybrid Racing cai tune

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: Hybrid Racing cai tune

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good. Honestly we almost nailed it on the first try, haha. I made a couple small changes, but we're almost there already. Take this one for a drive when you can, just be sure to get a clean third gear pull, but other than that feel free to have some fun with it. On the third gear pull, try to get the RPMs down to around 2500-3000 before going WOT and run it out to 8600. So the pull should go from 2500-8600. It's a little weird to do on the street, so try to find a safe stretch of road. But yeah, it looks great.
06si.SD.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.02 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
06si

Post by 06si »

Did a relatively similar route this time a did the 2500-8600 pull like you said at about 8 minutes in again along with a few other smaller pull since you said have some fun lol. I will say it has been running very smooth and a pretty noticeable gain the more I drive it haha.
Attachments
datalog3.0FlashPro.fpdl
(4.4 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks really good. We had a some knock in one area, so I removed some timing there. Take this one for the same type of datalog and drive with the third gear WOT pull just like that. Also, make a fourth gear pull if you can from say 3000-7000 to look for knock there. Feel free to have some fun with it again, it's plenty safe from here on out to drive it however you want, just be safe.

Glad it feels solid. Once you get the header in and a good tune, it's going to be an entirely different animal. When you do the header, if you still want my help, we will go through the whole thing and build an entire cam angle map and all that suited to your car. For right now, hopefully it does feel pretty good and something you can have fun with.

Here is the next one. We'll see how it looks.
06si.SD.Rev03 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.11 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
06si

Post by 06si »

This will probably be my last log for the night, think I've annoyed my neighbors enough for one night lol. Believe I did the pulls right, the 3rd gear pull mightve only went to 8500 but I'll let you be the judge of that haha.
Attachments
datalog4.0FlashPro.fpdl
(4.55 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Damn neighbors, haha. No problem, it looks great. On one of the fourth gear pulls we had zero knock, the other we had a few. So I made a few adjustments, all the fuel stuff looks killer though. We're Creepin' up on it for sure. Take this one for a spin tomorrow some time. At this point, you can datalog drives to work or whatever, you don't have to go out and make aimless datalogs unless you want to. We're really just looking for no knock at this point, it's 99% there.
06si.SD.Rev04 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.11 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
06si

Post by 06si »

Always something with the neighbors haha. Now as far as the knocks go, when I do the next datalog tomorrow should I do multiple 4th gear pulls from 3000-7000? Probably a silly question I just wanna make sure I do what I’m supposed to.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that works. It's a weird pull to do, not one you will do in the real world, I just want to make sure you don't have any knock in fourth gear so you don't have to worry about knock. I try to cover as many scenarios as I can while I have you guys, and trying to be smart with people's time and money now with how gas prices are right now. Here in California while I was out today, I saw $6.09 for Chevron 91. So yeah, do your normal third gear pull, then a couple fourth gear pulls from 3000-7000. You can throw in a 2-3-4 pull or something too if you want. The more we stress it out while we're tuning the better, so we can see how it acts in different scenarios.
06si

Post by 06si »

Here it is. Traffic made it difficult to do more than one fourth pull without asking for a ticket (cops are strict in my area) but I did one getting onto the highway so hopefully is was good.
Attachments
datalog5.0FlashPro.fpdl
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem, that's why we try do all tuning in double digit speeds so hopefully you don't get in too much trouble or unsafe. Safety is my main thing, I don't want you guys to get hurt or hurt someone else. The fourth gear is the worst though, but it's the most load we can get and still keep the speed reasonable letting out at 7000rpm.

Anyways, that datalog looks great. All the fuel is really good, and no knock. Go ahead and make a similar datalog whenever you have a chance. If it stays knock free and everything looks good we might be there. Either way I have you datalog your drives over the next week or so to look for knock. At this point, no need for pointless drives at all. Just datalog when you go somewhere you need to go and we'll monitor it that way.
06si

Post by 06si »

Sounds good. I will make a similar log whenever it’s stops raining, should be later in the evening when it stops so I should be good for one then. Once that’s done I will do datalog my daily commutes to monitor like you said. Car feels and sounds great though, don’t think it’s felt that smooth before haha.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that intake is nice to listen to, haha. And you have a really nice exhaust which helps the sound as well.

Glad it's driving smooth. We'll see how it looks in the next one.
06si

Post by 06si »

Was able to get a run in before the storm so this should be good, ran about the same route here.

Yeah the intake sounds amazing, didn't think I'd hear it as easily as I do. Can't complain about that, haha
Attachments
datalog6.0FlashPro.fpdl
(4.53 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah pretty much all the 3.5" intake are screamers. Haha.

Overall it looked great. We had some knock on the fourth gear pulls. So make a couple of those when you can next time.

06si.SD.Rev05 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.08 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
06si

Post by 06si »

Definitely. Got a couple errands to run so will do a couple laps up and down the highway to produce better pulls without risking a likely ticket haha.
06si

Post by 06si »

Ran this one a little longer than intended, my bad. I'm not sure if it was me over thinking or if it actually was because it was raining while doing this one but it seems a little off while cruising around 3000-3500 and a little jumpy at idle, nothing terrible I just don't recall that last time. Again maybe it was me worrying myself with the rain lol. I'll see what you think.

While we're on the topic, I've seen others praise the HR cai for having the bypass unlike the other common ones, but what is your recommendation as far as driving in the rain? I know avoiding standing water is a thing to do, did that before I even had the cai installed lol. Just worried it could suck up enough water to where the bypass can't take it anymore.
Attachments
datalog7.0FlashPro.fpdl
(5 MiB) Downloaded 57 times