2010 si looking for base tune before I get a Hondata

Post by Dill360 »

N1 catback Nvidia 76mm
Injen intake (cold air)
Also looking for advice for when I first tune my civic 👍🏻
EFICU

Re: 2010 si looking for base tune before I get a Hondata

Post by EFICU »

Do you have any future plans for a header or anything performance oriented, or is this your setup for the foreseeable future?

If you plan to do anything in the next couple months, there are ways to tune it for now so you can have some fun with it for now and then do a more complete tune on it once parts are added. If you plan to keep this same package for a long time, it would be good to go in an tune each cam angle one by one so you have data to build all the cam angle and fuel mapping. The quick route usually takes maybe 5-6 revisions, while the proper route takes 10-12 usually.

Let us know your plans and time frame for any future mods to decide which route to go.
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

This would be my build for a while(at least a year) until I figure out if this will stay my daily.

With the revisions how exactly does that work, will the car be undrivable until the final revision?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

The car is 100% driveable through the process. Basically I would send you a file to start, you make a datalog, I make adjustments, then send you the next one. We work through the 0* cam angle to start, then the 15, 30, 40, and possibly the 45. Your setup will run out of breath at the 40* cam angle for WOT since you still have the stock header, so there may not be a need to work on the 45* cam angle right now.
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

Okay great, once I receive my device should I return to this thread for that initial file?
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

Also, would getting and replacing the stock headers make that much of a difference for the tune?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, yeah just let me know.

A race header is the biggest change you can make on these cars, so yes. The header opens up a lot of performance and allows for a lot of adjustment in the tune to take advantage of it. A short header will only make a small difference if any, but the race headers make a huge difference.
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

Okay that would probably happen next year or so, the device should get to me on the 22. So I’ll come back once it arrives for the base file. Thanks for the help!
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

Hey, it just came in today, can I ask for the file you send and make the revisions a few times. Is that a "full" tune or a "basic" tune ?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sorry I didn't see this earlier...

So here is the first calibration, for the datalogs, shoot for twenty minutes in length with at least one third gear WOT pull from 2500-8600. Then we'll see how it looks. This is still considered a complete tune in that the basemap has been tuned in totality and polished for scenarios like this. Once we've tuned it for your car, it's 100% safe and will allow you to have plenty of fun with it. In the long route tune, the only real difference is perhaps some slight cam angle mapping in vtec. Every car is a little different, so there really isn't a one size fits all cam angle mapping. But this will be close enough to have fun with, then once you get yours mods done we can go in and work in finer detail.

Take this one for a drive and we'll see how it looks.
Dill360.Sd.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.8 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

I will try to get this done tonight if not tomorrow morning to get the datalog back to you. Thanks again you have been so helpful with this process.
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

Hey that was an incredible difference, I did the log for about 20 min with a 3 gear pull towards the end. At first the red light that flashes at you near redline went off a bit early but did not happen again. Thank you so much for you help I'm excited for the next revision :).
Attachments
DATA LOG 0.fpdl
(605.07 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

One more question, the exhaust had a few pops while downshift and driving around. Will the pops stay as the revisions go or any other sounds change from the exhaust. I’d imagine it will stay similar to what it is now?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good, we almost nailed it in the first shot. The part throttle needed only a couple percent added in one small area, and the WOT fuel wanted some more fuel in the midrange which means your setup is pretty efficient there in the midrange. I made adjustments for both, and a couple knock you had up in the higher rev range. So this next one should be really good, take it for a spin when you can, same datalog and driving style. Feel free to have some extra fun with it if you want, just be sure to get near twenty minutes in length and at least one third gear pull like that.

The little pops you hear are from the injectors shutting off at different times from your old tune. There are absolutely no pops and bangs strategies in there, so it's nothing to cause that ignition wise. Everything should stay similar in sound, nothing new would be noticeable from here on. Hopefully it gets a touch smoother and maybe a touch more power in the midrange with the added fuel. See what you think though.
Dill360.SD.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.03 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Dill360

Post by Dill360 »

Does feel a bit smoother, I defiantly had some fun with this log.

So the pops were still happening at kind of random points (down/up shifting) this will not effect the cat right?

Also I just want to thank you for how quickly you have been getting back to me makes the process that much more enjoyable.
Attachments
DATA LOG 3.fpdl
(577.43 KiB) Downloaded 65 times