2013 civic lx 1.8l r18 tuning help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Mannyp73

2013 civic lx 1.8l r18 tuning help

Post by Mannyp73 »

I'm having issues with tuning my 2013 Civic 1.8l lx there's only stock and 1 basemap. I need help with setting the parameters for the addons and also my bank 1 o2 sensor keeps sending a code for to lean but there's not way to turn off the sensors unless I can do it with the lambda settings. I have a weapon r short ram intake and weapon r headers with an invidia exhaust and the race hondata tuner. Are there other basemaps that I can use or am i limited to what they have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
EFICU

Re: 2013 civic lx 1.8l r18 tuning help

Post by EFICU »

Mannyp73 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:57 am I'm having issues with tuning my 2013 Civic 1.8l lx there's only stock and 1 basemap. I need help with setting the parameters for the addons and also my bank 1 o2 sensor keeps sending a code for to lean but there's not way to turn off the sensors unless I can do it with the lambda settings. I have a weapon r short ram intake and weapon r headers with an invidia exhaust and the race hondata tuner. Are there other basemaps that I can use or am i limited to what they have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yeah there are only two calibrations, but only the factory settings calibration will allow you to make changes. The second calibration is CARB compliant, which means most of the settings are not allowed to be modified to adhere to the agreement with CARB.

You don't want to turn off the sensors for a lean code, the primary o2 sensor has to be enabled to provide proper fueling. If you're getting a lean code, then the fuel tables need to be modified to provide proper fueling which would remove the lean condition.

Do you have any datalogs of reasonable length you can post, something ten minutes or longer? Also post the actual calibration you're running so we can see what you're working with there.
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

Thanks EFICU for responding and for ur help. I don’t have a datalog yet and I’ve been really busy at work but I’ll do one this weekend. I did shut off the sensor temporarily until I can do it this Saturday. I appreciate everything, thank u
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Mannyp73 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:18 am Thanks EFICU for responding and for ur help. I don’t have a datalog yet and I’ve been really busy at work but I’ll do one this weekend. I did shut off the sensor temporarily until I can do it this Saturday. I appreciate everything, thank u
If you turned off the primary o2 sensor, I would highly recommend to turn that back on or else the ECU cannot control fuel via fuel trims at all. If you turned off the secondary o2 sensor that is fine. But the primary one needs to be on at all times regardless of a lean condition. If you can make a datalog of any length with the primary sensor on, say a drive to work or something, that gives us enough data to try to help quickly. But if you can't make anything until this weekend then that's what it has to be. Just let me know.
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

Thank u for ur help.. I’ll try to do it tomorrow or Friday for the datalog but my work schedule is pretty hectic like today I just got home and worked a 12hr day.. tomorrow I should be done around 5ish and I’m in Jersey so we’re East coast time. I can definitely get screenshots of my calibrations for u by tomorrow evening at least for now and I’ll try to have the datalog but if not I’ll definitely have that by Saturday afternoon. I really appreciate ur help.. Thanks again
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

EFICU, I turned back on my o2 sensors and then ran 2 datalogs like you asked. How do you want me to send them to you? Email? Also my calibrations, do you want me to screenshot them and send everything directly to you or post them on the forum? How would I send them to you? Am I able to send the files and calibrations directly to you? Thank you for your help with this. The last time I tuned a car was in 1996 with my 95 civic hatchback and back then you just sent your ecu out and they tuned it and sent it back to you so this is all new to me doing it this way.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Per the forum rules, they need to be presented on the forum whenever possible.

Go ahead and post the datalogs on here, and post your calibration file to see I can open it and view it. Just below the submit button, there is an "attachments" button which you can attach multiple logs and calibrations.
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

EFICU, I attached the datalog files and my calibrations. Hopefully you can see them. If your not able to I can try to email them to you directly.
Attachments
Flash2022.3.fpcal
(12.23 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Flash2022.3-220115-002.fpdl
(356.02 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Flash2022.3-220115-001.fpdl
(356 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I see them, so after quick inspection I have a couple questions:

-The Weapon R downpipe deletes the cat on your car correct, you're ... now? There is a code for catalyst efficiency, which is why I ask.

-I don't see a code in the system for a lean condition, and I don't see any lean conditions happening in the datalog. Do you have any datalogs showing the lean condition you previously mention?
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

The cat is still installed the downpipe goes to the cat and the code was off from when you first responded to me. I cleared the code back then and turned off both sensors but I turned them on so you can see what was going on with both o2 sensors and reflashed my ecu so they would have some kind of readings. The check engine light hasn't come back on as of yet usually it takes a day or so for bank 1 to set a code off and I haven't had any issues with bank 2
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay gotcha. Yeah if the catalyst code persists, then you might have a clogged or damaged cat. But we can see how it goes. Be sure to keep the primary o2 sensor on no matter what though, we need that to work on fueling going forward. It might end up being better to tune it speed density than the MAF based, but for now it looks okay. I went ahead and made some small MAF scaling for fuel correction and removed some ignition for knock you had. Give this one a drive and we will see how it looks. Just like your last datalog, shoot for the twenty minute range.
Mannyp.MAF.Rev01.fpcal
(12.22 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

Cool thank you so much!! I'll try that tomorrow and see how it works. I have another question for you since you're very knowledgeable.. Have you ever used or installed the Sprint Power Booster on any civics?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Your car has an automatic trans right?
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

yes it is an automatic
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

So with it being an automatic, the transmission is controlled by the ECU, and adjusting the pedal to be more "sporty" as that device does could cause the shift points of the transmission to change in ways you may not like. If you're wanting a sportier feel to the pedal response, we have full control over the pedal map and we can try Hondata's pedal map from their CARB tune that raises the pedal to throttle body relationship by quite a bit and put that into your file. This would essentially do what the Sprint booster does, only it would be native to the ECU and I would imagine Hondata tested this to make sure there were no shifting abnormalities.

If you like all the modes the Sprint Booster has such as pedal lock and valet, then it might not be a bad idea, although expensive (subjective). If you don't care about all the modes, and just want a better relationship from the pedal to the throttle body, we can work on that for free in the tune which saves you that money. The Sprint booster doesn't add any power as they mention, so keep that in mind.

Let me know if you want to try the Hondata pedal map. It's easy to add to see what you think.