P0456 on my 2nd Type R

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Josh8604

P0456 on my 2nd Type R

Post by Josh8604 »

I had a 2019 Type R and at about 4500 miles I got the P0456 error and after the first time, no matter how many times I took it to the dealer they were unable to fix the issue permanently, they would replace a part in the EVAP system and then clear the code, let me drive for a while and then I would come back when the light would come back on. This happened 3 different times, they literally replaced the entire EVAP system and PCM and I still had issues.

This year I traded in the 2019 for a 2021, hoping I wouldn't run into the same issue. 5,000 miles on the odometer and I get the same code pop up on the new car. Really surprised, because on the old one the only thing I was told not to do after they repaired it was to not overfill the gas tank. (When the pump stops filling because you have a full tank, don't try to keep pumping gas)

On the old car I had a PRL intercooler and intake and a Mishimoto Oil Catch can.
The new car has a Eventuri Intake and Turbo tube, PRL Intercool, PRL Catted DP and AWE Touring Exhaust, as well as the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can. I've had the mods on for many miles without any check engine lights. I have also looked into the cars EVAP system to try and understand how it works, to determine whether the mods could cause the issue. As far as I can tell the mods shouldn't affect the EVAP system but what do I know.
The car's ECU is jailbroken and I did have a calibration uploaded through Hondata FlashPro but since the code popped up I have flashed back to Stock and had the code appear again.

I also don't like taking the car to the dealership because I feel like the techs drive it like they stole it. On my 2019 Type R I would always receive the car with scratches on the wheels and even a small tear on the leather steering wheel.

I'm creating this post in hopes that someone who has experienced this issue might provide some insight. Could it be my oil catch can causing the issue? I was thinking, no, but the catch can and intercooler are the only 2 parts I carried over from the 2019.