Is my car running ok ?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
ShadowMoon

Is my car running ok ?

Post by ShadowMoon »

Hi, I have a 2012 honda civic si coupe with takeda CAI and 3 inch catback exhaust. Was wondering if my car is running okay with just the hondata reflash basemap or what can I do if any, to adjust it to run better ?
data1.fpdl
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
EFICU

Re: Is my car running ok ?

Post by EFICU »

Overall it's not terrible, definitely rich but the knock count is low which is good. Are you planning on running this setup for a while, or do you have plans for more performance mods in the near future?
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:59 pm Overall it's not terrible, definitely rich but the knock count is low which is good. Are you planning on running this setup for a while, or do you have plans for more performance mods in the near future?
It's prob just gonna be like this for a bit. Would this tune be okay to run it long terms ?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You could run this one yes, but I can either help you clean up the tune you're running if you're happy with how it feels overall or transition you to my stuff. We can dial the fuel and remove the knock. Or, we can start you on my basemap and adjust it for your car. Since you plan to keep this setup for a while, I like to tune them the long way by tuning each cam angle then blending everything out. However, right now my days are super busy and I only have evenings available so going the long route might be tough. What we could do is, clean up the file you're running now to get it dialed, then when I have time we can tune it the long route to get you the best product possible. Totally up to you, and if we tune your calibration and you love how it drives, then we can get it nice and safe and you can run that one.

Let me know, and if you have any questions. One way or another we can get you on something that will be knock free and dialed fueling.
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

Yes if you could help me make this basemap tune run right on my car I would kindly appreciate that, and if you ever have time, it would be nice if we can go the long route way also.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Can you attach the actual calibration you uploaded to your ecu so I can adjust that? Then we will go from there.
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:11 pm Sounds good. Can you attach the actual calibration you uploaded to your ecu so I can adjust that? Then we will go from there.
Sorry how would I do that ? Is it where you use a laptop to online upload it onto your ECU ?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You saved the calibration on your laptop or desktop right? If so, I just need that saved calibration.
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

Oh yeah here you go
Attachments
Reflash1.fpcal
(21.15 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Got it, yeah I just remembered you're running the Takeda with a MAF tune. We might need to get you onto a speed density or hybrid calibration to get it really good. But I scaled the MAF for now, give this one a drive and we will see how it looks. Shoot for 20-30 minutes in length for the datalog, and make one WOT pull from 2500-redline in third gear so we can work on WOT fueling.
Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev01.fpcal
(21.15 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:17 pm Got it, yeah I just remembered you're running the Takeda with a MAF tune. We might need to get you onto a speed density or hybrid calibration to get it really good. But I scaled the MAF for now, give this one a drive and we will see how it looks. Shoot for 20-30 minutes in length for the datalog, and make one WOT pull from 2500-redline in third gear so we can work on WOT fueling.

Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev01.fpcal
Mostly highway driving but got a couple city drive in there too.
Attachments
datalog0003.fpdl
(7.26 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sorry for the delay. Overall that one looked better. I made some more changes to the MAF scaling in this one to see how it acts. If it stays rich rich, we will transfer you to the speed density tune like I mentioned. I also made some adjustments for the knock as well. Take this one for the same datalog and driving style.
Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev02.fpcal
(21.24 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:23 pm Sorry for the delay. Overall that one looked better. I made some more changes to the MAF scaling in this one to see how it acts. If it stays rich rich, we will transfer you to the speed density tune like I mentioned. I also made some adjustments for the knock as well. Take this one for the same datalog and driving style.

Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev02.fpcal
Couldnt get one yesterday, but got one today in the morning
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That one looked a lot better. Still had a few knock, so I made some adjustments for that. I made some other small fuel adjustments, so take this one for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks.
Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev03.fpcal
(21.26 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:12 pm That one looked a lot better. Still had a few knock, so I made some adjustments for that. I made some other small fuel adjustments, so take this one for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks.

Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev03.fpcal
Hey was just wondering if temperature would affect the tune in anyway ? It's getting pretty cold here in the morning and in the evening around 6pm which the temperature could drop below 60 degree F which in most case is when I mostly do the datalog. The first datalog that I did, the temp was still pretty warm in the 75 degree F. Lets say when summer comes around, will this effect my car huge in any kind of way ?
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(5.26 MiB) Downloaded 88 times