07 SI sedan stock w/ stock tuned map plz help

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
EFICU

Re: 07 SI sedan stock w/ stock tuned map plz help

Post by EFICU »

conyst wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:46 pm Okay, I'll log tomorrow. Car felt great today. Also, you mentioned something about sport pedal? Just curious what that is or what changes were made? 1 more thing after new cal is uploaded does it take time for ecu to learn....i.e. car felt much better today?
Sounds good. We'll see how it looks. Glad it felt good.

The sport pedal just tightens up the throttle pedal to throttle plate relationship as you go up in rpm. From the factory, the pedal relationship is very lazy, meaning you are pushing the pedal more percentage than the throttle plate is opening. The stock pedal map, say you're accelerating with 30% throttle pedal movement, the throttle body is only opening 19%. In the sport pedal, I tighten up that relationship so that it feels more direct, like if you're pushing the the pedal 50%, the throttle body is opening a similar amount. It doesn't make the pedal physically feel different, but it makes your brain feel a more one to one feel if that makes sense. I don't make it exactly one to one, which would make it touchy, but I tighten up the relationship. The pedal map in your file is my base pedal map, so it's already been adjusted over stock, but the sport pedal map makes it a little more direct. I throw in the sport pedal later in the tuning process so you're not on sensory overload in the beginning.

Technically no it doesn't take the ECU time to learn. As we remove knock, the knock control value goes down and it stops removing timing proactively to prevent knock. So, now that it's been knock free for some time, the ignition being delivered is what we have programmed. The ECU is always looking and learning where knock may potentially happen, and works to stop it proactively by introducing knock retard while driving even when knock isn't present. It's doing less of that now, so that is probably what you're feeling. Could be partly intake temps if it was cooler today or something like that as well. But most likely it's the ECU lowering the k control value and begins to deliver the ignition we have programmed. Which is exactly what we want.
KEV.PENATE@GMAIL.COM

Post by KEV.PENATE@GMAIL.COM »

I am also new to hondata, I have some basic bolt on modes : skunk2 CAI, Header and 3" full catback exhaust, I am after upload the FG2/FA5,CAI, Skunk2 header & catback, I am getting a lot of knock counts, on a simple 30minutes drive, I was wondering if someone could help me out.
Thank you
Attachments
lot of knock4.fpdl
(6.58 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
lot of knock3.fpdl
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
lot of knock2.fpdl
(4.02 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
lot of knock1.fpdl
(6.19 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
KP
conyst

Post by conyst »

Sorry I have been/am sick. Log done.
conyst.rev11.blend.4.3k.fpdl
(5.45 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looked good. We had some knock come back in vtec. I made a few adjustments for it in this next one. We'll see how it goes.
Conyst.Hybrid.Rev11 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.35 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
conyst

Post by conyst »

log done. feeling better and have time the next couple of days.
conyst.rev11.blended.4.3k.fpdl
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good. All the fueling is really great, WOT fuel was dead on. Just chasing a few knock. Keep doing the third and fourth gear pulls like you have been to keep checking. I made some ignition adjustments in this next one, so we'll see how it looks. Other than that though, it looks great.
Conyst.Hybrid.Rev12 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.57 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
conyst

Post by conyst »

Log done.
conyst

Post by conyst »

conyst.rev12.blended.4.3k.fpdl
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

When is the last time you got gas?
conyst

Post by conyst »

wife may have put some gas in the car.....says she put 93. It was a different gas station than I normally use. yeah i saw the knocks go crazy.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah something seems to have gone way off track. Could still be 93, but perhaps not good quality. All the knock happened in vtec, so I would recommend not doing any WOT pulls or vtec engaging pulls until we get some new gas in it. Being that we are revision 12 with no high knock count like this, it definitely seems like bad gas as opposed to an ignition issue.

So drive it easy until you fill up again. The knock isn't happening in part throttle driving, so just keep the driving calm until it's time to fill up again. Then make another datalog and see how it goes. Just keep me in the loop.
conyst

Post by conyst »

I agree. It turns out she used my car to take our daughter to school and put about 4 gal in the car when the fuel light was on. I filled up yesterday 9.2 gal have been driving it easy since I made that last log. I will continue to drive easy the top off again and relog. Thanks
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I gotcha, well she meant well so no big deal. That is why we leave the protections in place so that it can reduce timing where possible to slow the knock. Just keep me in the loop man, no big deal on my end, so don't be too hard on your wife. Haha.
conyst

Post by conyst »

log done. short one 1 3rd gear pull see what you think. i ran the gas down to a 1/4 after i topped it off. filled up again then did a short log on the way home from work.
conyst.rev13.blended.4.3k.fpdl
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks much better. Only a couple knock, so that's good, made adjustments for those. Everything else looks good. Take this one for a drive when you can and we will see how it looks. But we're definitely back on track.
Conyst.Hybrid.Rev13 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.55 KiB) Downloaded 98 times