Change MAF to MAP based calibration

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
kraftwerksfit

Change MAF to MAP based calibration

Post by kraftwerksfit »

Hello, having issue switching the calibration to MAP based fueling and getting the vehicle to run.

2008 RDX only modification is DIY cold air intake 3" tubing and MAF sensor in stock location. Starting calibration is "stock tuned" option provided for upload. Enabled the MAP check box along with leaving the MAF box checked but can only get vehicle to start for 3ish seconds... smells rich but not long enough to get meaningful data from the sensors. Had a look at the fuel tables and all seems to be in check, am I missing something? Have seen in previous posts that it does work but am unsure if it has to be setup as hybrid calibration (edit min pressure for speed/density)?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Change MAF to MAP based calibration

Post by Spunkster »

What happens if you disable the AFM?

Will it start with MAP tables disabled and only with AFM enabled?
kraftwerksfit

Post by kraftwerksfit »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:33 am What happens if you disable the AFM?

Will it start with MAP tables disabled and only with AFM enabled?
1.) It is stated in flashpro manager to keep AFM enabled and specifically states "Do not disable or remove AFM". I have both boxes checked one for "AFM enabled" and also for "use MAP fuel tables". Am I understanding the wording wrong and am supposed to disable the check box for AFM to run off of MAP? (With both checked is my issue with vehicle not running more than a few seconds for clarification)

2.) Yes sir, it is one of your provided calibrations and is the stock "tuned" version. The vehicle currently has approximately 1k miles on that calibration without issue running exactly as provided (no changes on my part, idle fueling STFT is +18, then levels off about +3 to -3 throughout driving).

Thank you Spunkster for clarification and your assistance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm asking about disabling the AFM just to see if it will start and run with them disabled.

If it runs using just the AFM, then it sounds like a tuning issue. I would recommend taking it to a good tuner that is familiar with tuning these on the dyno.
kraftwerksfit

Post by kraftwerksfit »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:04 am I'm asking about disabling the AFM just to see if it will start and run with them disabled.

If it runs using just the AFM, then it sounds like a tuning issue. I would recommend taking it to a good tuner that is familiar with tuning these on the dyno.
1.) I had no luck, attached is the Calibration and 2 short datalog attempts at the vehicle attempting to run. Same issue with the stock OEM intake system (bone stock vehicle).

2.) The vehicle was attempted to run MAP either in bone stock as it left the factory or only with a 3" intake.... I need to get the vehicles baseline running on MAP stock so that I can move forward with ID1050x injectors and lager turbo etc...

Spunkster, please have a look at the logs if a sensor is/is not supposed to be enabled for MAP to work.
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
attempted to run
(73.63 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
datalog0001.fpdl
attempted to run
(30.64 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
RDX (stock tuned) MAP test V.1.fpcal
MAP Enabled, MAF Disabled as requested to try
(18.85 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you contact a tuner to help you tune this properly using the MAP based tuning and this will also ensure that it is running safely and get the most power out of it.
kraftwerksfit

Post by kraftwerksfit »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:43 pm I would recommend that you contact a tuner to help you tune this properly using the MAP based tuning and this will also ensure that it is running safely and get the most power out of it.
That is not what I asked. I am asking your to clearly outline the steps to enable the calibration to run off the MAP sensor since it is not addressed in the Flashpro Help Contents.

So your are saying the provided fueling maps in the provided calibration aren't even capable of getting a stock RDX to start and idle? Or you are not confident in outlining the steps? I am capable of tuning the vehicle once it will actually start and idle and after clarification, that yes the calibration has the proper sensors enabled/disabled to move forward with the fueling tables or No you missed ***** step.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The MAP based tables were never tuned for use on a stock vehicle. They were just enabled and you must then tune it to get it to run correctly using them. As most people that will be using this have more highly modified engines this will be necessary anyway. There is no set way to set them up as every situation will be different and require custom tuning. I do not tune vehicles and have never tuned an RDX, so I cannot give you specifics on something like this as I do not have that experience.
kraftwerksfit

Post by kraftwerksfit »

This is from Evans Performance Academy video specifically on setting up the RDX on speed/density, showing to have the AFM unchecked as well as he states this in the video but to only have the "use MAP fuel tables" box checked.

This is what was stated on these forums from a post when speed/density became available, the two are conflicting and I am asking for clarification, either way I can not get the vehicle to start and idle and have been working on the fueling maps without success.