CPR - problems and solutions! Cuts, misfiring and MIL

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
Malkolm666

CPR - problems and solutions! Cuts, misfiring and MIL

Post by Malkolm666 »

Hi, car was running perfect with the old distributor. B16a2 turbo 15psi making 400whp.

Installing Hondata CPR and got heavy misfires above 5500rpm(above 7psi), MIL lights up yellow (but no errorcodes). Changed the aftermarket distrubitor to an OEM dizzy. Now it starts to run much better in high rpm’s.

With oem dizzy there is no MIL anymore above 5500-6000rpm. With low boost on 7psi it works fine,but as soon as I boost it up just a little higher it starts to misfire.
Problem: bad ground connection on thermostathousing. The problem is that Hondata put to much heat shrink on the ground connector, so I took a knife and cut of a little shrink on both sides, the pressure from the bolt showed me where to cut. Now all the misfires was gone too!!!

Next: raising the boost to new levels! :)
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: CPR - problems and solutions! Cuts, misfiring and MIL

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look at the insulation on the ground lug.
Hondata
Malkolm666

Post by Malkolm666 »

Raised the boost 1psi to 16psi and the misfires are back. Now I dont know what to do. Im qlueless.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Next step is to swap ECUs.
Hondata
hizroyalty

Post by hizroyalty »

I'm having very similar issues. Car just hasnt been right ever since going to the cpr. Spark is super weak compared to the old distributor setup. It seems a lot of people have had very similar issues over the years, and they all get to a point where they gotta swap ecus at least from what I can tell on this forum anyway. I'm installing a new dizzy today and if that doesnt fix it I'll be going back to the factory distributor setup it's getting old for sure!!