Flashpro won't connect via Bluetooth

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Icemanrocks5

Flashpro won't connect via Bluetooth

Post by Icemanrocks5 »

I have samsung Galaxy s8 plus and it would connect via bluetooth before and now it doesn't do it anymore. I've tried to reset my phone, unplug flashpro and plug it back in, and nothing seems to work for it. Also my phone did update recently. Any suggestions?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Flashpro won't connect via Bluetooth

Post by Spunkster »

Plug the FlashPro in to a laptop , open the FlashPro Manager software and go to the FlashPro button at the top then click the Bluetooth tab and change the pin number to something you will remember, then try to pair with your phone in the android settings. After it pairs, then open the Hondata app and it should allow you to connect.
Jclrk279

Post by Jclrk279 »

I did this but it says connection failed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does it fail to pair in the Samsung Bluetooth settings or the Hondata App?
Jclrk279

Post by Jclrk279 »

Hondata app, I've tried to use the app alone on the Samsung Note 8 and it says connection failed. Then I tried connecting through the app on the head unit and it also says connection failed. I have the most current version of the app and I downloaded the most recent Flashpro manager. I also checked the 2018 civic head unit box.
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (32.11 KiB) Viewed 11041 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must uncheck the alternate pairing mode if you want to connect to your phone. After making this change you will have to unplug the FlashPro completely form the USB and the vehicle to restart it.
Jclrk279

Post by Jclrk279 »

Ok I did that and it still says connection failed. So I tried starting fresh. I unpaired my flashpro from the computer and tried to reconnect through bluetooth and it wouldn't pair. I unplugged the USB and then reconnected. Tried pairing to the flashpro again and it paired. opened the hondata app on the phone and its now connected! So I just tried connecting to the FP with bluetooth on the headunit and it kept saying couldn't connect. I changed the bluetooth password to 0000 and re-checked the 2016+ civic box, then unplugged the ECU and USB. Tried connecting headunit bluetooth to FP and it failed. I then reconnected the USB and ECU and it connected to the headunit bluetooth. I then tried to connect to the headunit app to the FP and it said connection failed. I unplugged the USB and left the ECU plugged in and it connected! running great on V1.5! Do I have to leave the FP plugged into something for the headunit to read the FP?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can only connect via the phone with the setting for the 2018+ civic disabled.
Jclrk279

Post by Jclrk279 »

cool! Thanks for your help!
tomh1979

Post by tomh1979 »

I found hitting the lightning bolt repeatedly eventually works from within the android app, not sure why i have to do that, but worked on both My Pixelbook, and Pixel 3xl.
guilt79

Post by guilt79 »

Hi everyone.

I got the same issue of unable to pair my FP with my headunit. I tried disconnect, reconnect, uncheck the setting for 2018+ and still cannot connect.

I suspect my FP is link to my previous headunit. Now I’ve downloaded the latest apps from play store, it can’t even detect my FP.

Anyway I can reset the my FP so that it won’t link to old headunit?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must use the Dash App: https://www.hondata.com/software

You must also pair the FlashPro from within the Bluetooth settings of the head unit before trying to use the app.
kpthemanatee

Post by kpthemanatee »

I have a 2019 honda accord sport 2.0 manual.

I bought the hondata mobile app and I have the flash pro plugged into the obd2 port.

The app connects to the flash pro but only for like 5 seconds and then no longer shows data. I restart the app and it just continues to do this.

I have tried using Bluetooth 4.0, 3.0 and the second method.

Help!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you using an IOS, or Android phone?
kpthemanatee

Post by kpthemanatee »

Android. Note 20 ultra