Raising A/T Downshift Lockout and Launch Control?

2007-2008 Fit
Hootie

Raising A/T Downshift Lockout and Launch Control?

Post by Hootie »

Hello everyone, I've been running Flash Pro for about a year and a half on my A/T GD3 Sport and so far have been loving it except for two things in particular... The downshift lockout and launch control. I noticed that despite raising my rev limiter the downshift lockout points are the same as factory while in S "Manual" mode and tinkering with various rev limit and recover settings for LC.

I'm not sure if I missed a sub-menu in the Flash Pro manager to change this but is there an option to adjust this? I didn't see anything on this forum regarding adjusting it and really want to raise this downshift point at least 400 to 500 RPMs. This will help me drastically since I do autocross my Fit and have NEEDED to downshift into first for a few very low speed turns.

As for launch control; I've briefly played with it a few times. I've set it to 1800 RPMs, foot braked the car (definitely not going to neutral drop) and released the foot brake to launch only to feel the car stumble and buck as it takes off. At one point I had forgotten that I left LC set to 1.8k revs and it actually engaged (bucking/hesitating) while merging into traffic after leaving work... I've raised the limit to 2200 and the same thing continues. Since then, I've just set it between 3700 to 4000 and just left it there.

Is launch control a feature that the A/T can't fully utilize since it doesn't have a way to fully disconnect the transmission from the engine (like the M/T with its clutch) or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Raising A/T Downshift Lockout and Launch Control?

Post by Hondata »

These behaviors are controlled by the AT computer, not the engine computer. They are not altered by FlashPro.
Hondata
Hootie

Re: Raising A/T Downshift Lockout and Launch Control?

Post by Hootie »

I see... it makes since but sadly a bummer.

I may try launch control again once I install my Kraftwerks S/C and update this thread.