Android applications

Hondata
Site Admin

Android applications

Post by Hondata »

Android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ata_mobile

Apple will not allow links to the app so you will have to search and install from your phone.
Hondata
thatguyinms

Re: Android applications

Post by thatguyinms »

Does the Hondata Mobile app only work with BT Flashpro or is it also compatible with other elm327 OBDII Bluetooth devices?

*My question is specific to Android however it would also apply generically to other OS's
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Only the s300 & FlashPro. There are a bunch of existing elm327 apps which will work, some listed above.
Hondata
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

is there going to be a hondata mobile app update in the near future, I like it so far but I don't want to see gauges I'd rather have large numbers where the RPM gauge is as I have in car gauges, but would rather see the precise RPM # in a large text and do away with the tiny needle, also if there is an update can you have a data log button to stop and start logs on the ECU, As I tune alone and it's hard to always pull over look at the laptop then get back on the road, but it would be great to be able to just start and stop logs at the push of a button.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can use the F9 button on the laptop to start and stop datalog recordings.
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

yes I do this all the time, but It would be nice to be able to toggle the ecu's datalogger from the phone without a laptop in the car, as I had mentioned, it's hard to look over at a laptop whilst driving, finding f9 unless it was neon green and glowed at night is kind of hard to find. is there any plans to update the hondata mobile app?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no way to start datalogging on the laptop via a mobile app.
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

i wasn't referring to starting a datalog on the laptop, I was asking whether the mobile app could be included in the ON-BOARD data logger of the ECU's internal memory, like per say using the A/C switch to turn logging on and off again, I would rather not rewire the harness (due to past owner) but I guess I will.

Thanks
shind3

Post by shind3 »

Can the Mobile app command the FlashPro to start datalogging to itself? So the FlashPro unit can be totally hidden from view and be controlled from a phone.

In addition, it would be nice to transfer calibrations to the FlashPro via the phone and then use the app to simulate a firmware load sequence on the FlashPro.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Can you add 2 features, please, in my case for S300 v3:

a) change instant MPG also to instant l/100km <- the german/european style (should be only a minor issue, since it's only calculation)
b) change Launch Control from smart phone.

kind regards Lukas
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

like spunkster had mentioned in the past, the bluetooth app can't upload anything to the ECU, it is strictly a read only application because the S300 doesn't allow incoming data over bluetooth only broadcasts. aka you can't tell the ECU to turn Launch Control on or off, if you want to do that wire up a switch to one of the inputs like your e-brake or A/C switch to toggle the launch control.
Luke

Post by Luke »

understood. wiring up a switch is not that big deal... well... will have to take my laptop always with me :D

what about a solution, when connecting a smartphone/tablet via USB.

is that possible?

kind regards Lukas
Twin Cam

Post by Twin Cam »

Is it possible to view ethanol percentage with this app?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It can be read in the sensor list in the App.
B18CR-X

Post by B18CR-X »

hondata can you update the android app and add in the ethanol content % and fuel temperature sensor monitoring in the gauge window?
thanks and keep up the awesome work guys!