Not feeling VTEC 'kick in' after reflash?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Hondata
Site Admin

Not feeling VTEC 'kick in' after reflash?

Post by Hondata »

It is common after the re-flash for people to ask us why they can't feel VTEC 'kicking in', and if VTEC is working.

We have spent many hours on the dyno tuning the transition from the low speed cam to high speed cam to make the transition as smooth as possible, with any significant dip in power. Because of this, there is no noticeable 'kick' as the cam switches. Don't worry, VTEC is working and everything is fine.

If VTEC doesn't work then the engine will not make any power over 6500 rpm, and will rev limit at 7500 rpm. This is fairly noticeable.
Hondata
EP3rAcEr

answer

Post by EP3rAcEr »

you should feel the kick of the vtec because when i push my car, when it hits vtec at around 5000rpm it does a extra lanch... and all my other friends feel the kick to...
Hondata is my best mod.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you in fact have an EP3, then you should be aware that VTEC engages at about 2200 RPM and not 5000.
EP3rAcEr wrote:you should feel the kick of the vtec because when i push my car, when it hits vtec at around 5000rpm it does a extra lanch... and all my other friends feel the kick to...
aznboysrfr

Post by aznboysrfr »

hm, can you still hear the vtec crossover?