Live tuning with autotune?

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
gtfrede07

Live tuning with autotune?

Post by gtfrede07 »

AUTOTUNE

Is this something we should be allowed to do? I used it and it seemed to work almost too well to the point I felt like it was changing parameters I can't even see.

I returned to stock and started over and haven't used it again simply out of fear that we should not be able to use this to the extent it looks like we can.

Please respond.
d_butl3r

Re: Live tuning with autotune?

Post by d_butl3r »

Auto tune is for MAP based fuel tuning only. Your vehicle(1.5T) uses the AFM only
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

Well I did have it enabled and it was definitely doing some adjusting. Actually really really was impressing the snot out of me how it was running. I could have probably continued doing it but got the heeby jeebys about it when I couldnt find really any "modern" information on it.

If we arent supposed to use it why is it "usable" on my car?

Has hondata tried using this feature to alibrate afm table? That was mainly what I was doing with it and it seemed to be working great. BUT. When I first tried it I had knock tables and wot afr adjust selected as well.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

And is the term active tuning in the help file the same thing as autotune? If so that would be good to add to the help file somewhere. OR we could simplify all these questions with a completed "tuning notes" section designated to 10th gen si's instead of a blank page with compatible ecu's.