09 RDX base maps

FlashPro Manager software
rdiigraphics

09 RDX base maps

Post by rdiigraphics »

I have bolt on DP, and CBE, along with K&N CAI, with a Hondata reflash. I recently ordered a flash pro, and want to have a good sound, but also gain some power. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to tuning. I am pretty well versed with installations, fluids, and basic engine mechanics, etc...however, tuning a car seems fairly intimidating. I have read several posts regarding flash pro, and watched videos on what to do for different cars, but I'm not sure where I should be starting. I know there's a plethora of things a flash pro can do, but I also do not have a Dyno to go through a higher range of RPMs, and I'm not sure what areas I should be focused on, and what can wait to be pro tuned. If anyone has any thoughts on where I can start, and the steps I should take to attain increased power, smooth diveability, and a more aggressive sound, I look forward to hearing from you!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 09 RDX base maps

Post by Spunkster »

Start with a calibration that is closest you what you have done and then datalog and make suer you have a safe AF ratio and there is no knock.
rdiigraphics

Post by rdiigraphics »

And those will be located in flashpro, right? I've seen posts for every year of RDX except for 09...there's no difference, as long as 1gen? Also, what's a good distance to datalog? -sincerely, noob
rdiigraphics

Post by rdiigraphics »

Where do I increase boost psi? I see boost control, but inside, there aren't any moveable parameters.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You edit the target boot table in the boost control section of the calibration window. If you have your calibration loaded in the software you should see this.
rdiigraphics

Post by rdiigraphics »

In the help section it only says not to increase to more than 11 psi, or however many kpa. But all I see is RPM values, and numbers directly under that are neither psi, or kpa, just MAP (bar). Is there a way to convert it to kpa or psi? Like I've said before, I am a noob!

Thanks in advance
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

rdiigraphics

Post by rdiigraphics »

Well that's handy...however, I am still confused, because it is at 1.8-2.0 bar over the span of 1000-7000RPM. That would be 28-29psi, which I'm def nowhere near...or am I reading this all wrong?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

rdiigraphics wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:32 pm Well that's handy...however, I am still confused, because it is at 1.8-2.0 bar over the span of 1000-7000RPM. That would be 28-29psi, which I'm def nowhere near...or am I reading this all wrong?
the conversion is

BAR x 14.7 = X -14.7 = TARGET PSI

PSI to BAR

PSI + 14.7 = X / 14.7 = BAR
rdiigraphics

Post by rdiigraphics »

There is a base map w\the parameters I need, as far as cat back exhaust, and short ram intake. But it also has 600cc fuel injectors...if I simply change the injector size to 410\stock, will the multipliers adjust accordingly and safely? Are there any negative ramifications for just changing the injectors?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will also need to make sure you put in the correct dead times for the stock injectors. You may then need to make some adjustments to the fueling.
rdiigraphics

Post by rdiigraphics »

I just installed RV6 downpipe, and ATLP cat back ex. I am currently using basemap for "tuned, SRI." I am getting a bit of knock, primarily in cyl #3. I recently, within a 30 min ride of various speeds and RPMs, got only 1 knock for cyl #1 & 2, but 3-5 for cyl #3. The temperature here has also been close to 90F. I have uploaded the datalogs with the most knock recorded, and the calibration file. I also dialed the ign timing for cyl #3 by -0.5 to see if there was any change, which was minimal, if at all. Is this something I need to even worry about? I know a certain amount of knock is either acceptable, or phantom, but I'm new to this, and would like to ensure my engine's longevity w/mods. I will get protuned, but I will not until I can get the upgraded intercooler. Please let me know if there is anything that seems horribly unbalanced, or should not go unchecked based on the info. If there's anything that can be altered to increase performance that isn't changed, I am also open to that! It drives well, but I don't want to do much more as far as harder driving if I am causing damage. Thanks!
Tuned_First_TEST_1v2.fpcal
(13.16 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
datalogK123.fpdl
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
datalogK23.fpdl
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
rdiigraphics

Post by rdiigraphics »

I am also curious about Tplate & Tpedal. I understand what they are, and their correlation, but if I change any of that scaling, will it affect A\F ratios? In other words, can I change the Tplate & pedal %'s and not change the ign\fuel timings? I feel like I am getting more power with my bolt ons, but I feel like I have to press the pedal down much further.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Changing the pedal to plate conversion will not effect AF ratios or ignition. It will just make the car feel more responsive.