S300 V1 gone bad?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
HoCi

S300 V1 gone bad?

Post by HoCi »

Hi Guys

I have a car, which was sitting in garage for ~8 months. About 3 months ago I started it up and let it run, till it the radiator gan started working and from that time it has been in garage standing still again. I took the battery off and removed the gearbox for some work and now I put it all together, but it won't start up anymore. It is kind of almost starting but nothing more.
I read, that the V1 memory battery could have gone bad and the memory is gone but how can I test it, if it is really ECU's fault not nothing else?

- Spark is there
- Fuel pump is working
- Changed also fuel for new one to be sure

I opened the ecu also, to look inside. It looks ok, doesn't have fishy smell and when I turn the key, two green lights go on.

Hondata Serial: S300-0490
Attachments
S300-1.jpg
S300-1.jpg (323.36 KiB) Viewed 3699 times
Civic EK4 1.6VTI-T
HoCi

Re: S300 V1 gone bad?

Post by HoCi »

- Tried another main relay
- Cleaned the grounds
- Checked the 7,5A fuse

When I switch the key to second position, the fuel pump works a few seconds, like usual. When I try to start it and then let the key go again, then the fuel pump stays on and works on..I think it shouldn't be like this.

I don't have the tune/map to upload to ecu and sadly I don't have the knowledge to do that kind of things also. Till now the car has driven fine with the tune/map it has got many years. I'll try to get the tune, but I'm now sure if I can get it.
Civic EK4 1.6VTI-T
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Without the calibration or the ability to upload a new calibration it is hard to say what it might be. The lights being green indicates that it is working correctly. Since a lot of work has been done in the engine bay, I would start there as there may be a ground problem or some other wiring fault from the work that was done there.
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

Do you have access to a laptop you can install smanager software on?
HoCi

Post by HoCi »

I just did it last night. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfe3endvecjow ... 8.skl?dl=0

It seems, its messed up. Idle is 312500rpm, Rev limits in different gears are very different. MAP shows stock map and so on.

I also found a calibration, that I downlodad from my S300 2 years ago and they look totally different.

The calibration from two years ago it seems, that they are as they should be...I don't know about the fuel map of course.

My question is. How safe is it to upload that old calibration, which is downloaded from the ecu? I guess better, than the one I downloaded yesterday? :D
Civic EK4 1.6VTI-T
HoCi

Post by HoCi »

So, we uploaded a calibration and the car started. But it won't let you touch the gas pedal, it dies right away. What could be wrong?
I tried also one setup from new calibrations (b16a greddy turbo) and then the gas pedal worked fine.
Civic EK4 1.6VTI-T
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like your calibration is corrupt. You will have to use the new calibration and retune. You may want to also consider upgrading to the new V3 s300. Details on upgrading can be found at: https://www.hondata.com/downloads/s300v ... e_form.pdf
HoCi

Post by HoCi »

Actually yes I'm thinking about V3 already, but right now I have to get the car working fast for a competition. Spunkster, I will write you a private message.

can you please send me your contact (e-mail).
Civic EK4 1.6VTI-T
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

you can email support<at> hondata.com
HoCi

Post by HoCi »

Got in contact with the guy, who tuned the car and luckily he still had my cars calibration file from year 2012. Car is driving good but when I did a datalog for him with 4th gear, there was one very lean spot @ ~5100rpm. Fuel map shows, that I shuld add there 24% of fuel. Another thing is, that the car drove earlier with about 1bar of boost, but right now it got 1,5bar. I'm very new in Hondata world, so I have to ask, how is the right way to regulate the boost pressure, if I have the electronic AEM boost controller solenoid. Right now in Boost Control --> "Activation Pressure" number was 1,9bar. As I understand, it should be like about 0,3bars, so the solenoid would take over the control of the boost? So right now the pressure went as high as the spring allowed it?
Civic EK4 1.6VTI-T
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you are in contact with the tuner that tuned it, you should take the car to them to have them look at what it is doing and make any needed changes.
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:30 am If you are in contact with the tuner that tuned it, you should take the car to them to have them look at what it is doing and make any needed changes.
I second this. Tuning is not something that only involves clicking a couple buttons as instructed from somebody on the internet. A professional tuner needs to be sitting in your actual car while making changes to get it right. Attempting anything yourself will most likely just make matters worse.