Speed density fueling

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
the_wrench116

Speed density fueling

Post by the_wrench116 »

Is there a time line for speed density and a box to check to turn off the cel for maf over voltage?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Speed density fueling

Post by Hondata »

For what year?
Hondata
Bills07si

Post by Bills07si »

Hondata wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:15 amFor what year?
07-12. As we are waiting there is starting to be list of guys waiting for speed density tuning. Myself. Joshua . Ryan . Roy and im sure more . Ken gave up on you all (tired of waiting) and just went Motec with Vit but thats not even a option for the average guy. Could you please update us?
Nolacivicrdx

Post by Nolacivicrdx »

Yes we need more help with this tuneing software. There is a lot of us work here with the 2007 to 2012 turbo RDX awd that need more to play with to open up these SUV... so last get some stuff open so we can make more power with new Options
the_wrench116

Post by the_wrench116 »

Yes mine is an 08 and I’d like to help test if your willing to work with me.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have almost competed the speed density fuel maps for the RDX. 07-08 and 10-14, so all the RDXs that we support. ETA for release is next week.

We are not going to develop starting fuel tables for SD - it is up to you to create these tables. I hope that you understand that given the choices of no SD support at all or SD support without fully tuned tables from Hondata you'll accept that you need to do some tuning yourselves. And these is also some community testing that would help us greatly.

Step 1 is for people to test using the existing AFM/MAF based tuning to make sure nothing has changed.

Step 2 involves tuning the fuel tables, which is going to involve some work because we don't have any starting fuel tables with these vehicles.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

the_wrench116 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:09 pma box to check to turn off the cel for maf over voltage?
If it is from the AT ECU, then it will still get that error. We can only work with the PGMFI ECU.
Hondata
the_wrench116

Post by the_wrench116 »

Well I’m central pa want to include Derek in this and I’ll see what happens.?.

The current theory is that the transmission will not care the engine won’t be able to set a code for the transmission and once the engine is on SD it won’t care about maf voltage.
D-Rob

Post by D-Rob »

Josh,

I think a stock car with just a tune is probably the best thing to test with at first.

But I'm open to test it out, of course. It only helps my customers. I would have to see what I have available in my schedule to do so, though. This time of the year is very busy.
the_wrench116

Post by the_wrench116 »

ill ask around and see if anyone is willing to donate an RDX for a few hours if that will help out. its a shame ryan isnt closer. hes not stock but at least hes stock turbo...
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

First I would people to test this with the speed density disabled to check that the AFM fueling is unchanged. If you are leaving feedback then please provide the calibration & datalog if applicable. Or at the very least, the ECU part # as there are different ECUs.

Note that we are not going to create a FlashPro for the automatic transmission ECU. It has been assured in these threads that the AT ECU will cope with the AFM going over range, but if that is not the case you will have to work around the limit in some other way.
Hondata
Bills07si

Post by Bills07si »

Awesome. Thank you so much.
Gearhead98

Post by Gearhead98 »

I have some logs from the version that included the speed density option. I can attach logs but would prefer to send the actual calibration to you guys directly.
Attachments
Speed density test..fpdl
(98.52 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Gearhead98

Post by Gearhead98 »

Here is a quick log from the car running on 100% speed density. Minimum pressure for speed density was set at 0. Speed density low fuel tables were adjusted to get the car to idle and no other tables were adjusted.
Attachments
Speed density test - Full speed density.fpdl
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
DomGSR-T

Post by DomGSR-T »

Hi!

Just to be sure, If I want to use the map based fuel feature, do I need to leave the AFM check box checked AND the MAP check box check too? It's says to not disable or remove AFM and I'm not 100% sure of the ''do not disable'' meaning :)

BTW, thanks hondata for that great new features!