+9psi map for CVT

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Jun43

Re: +9psi map for CVT

Post by Jun43 »

janemar wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:11 am Hi Jun43 / Hondata Team,

Need help. So I venture to do the +9psi for my CVT. While viewing my datalog, I was surprised with the 14.7psi AFR while at 24psi boost, 100% T. plate, and around 4500rpm. On my little knowledge about tuning, this usually leads to piston ringland or piston itself melting...

Question is,

1. Is this normal for DI gas engines to see 14.7 at high loads? I undrestand, flashpro needs to see a certain mg/cyl of air flow before switching the Fuel table from lean/cruising to WOT fuel table.

2. Should I go ahead and adjust the two tables/values below(encircled) so it will quickly switch to WOT rich fuelling table and save my engine from melting???

***tick use map to determine WOT?? It will sacrifice fuel economy, right???
***play with WOT determination table??

I've attached my datalogs for your review.

Thanks!
before you do anything, you need to calibrate your AFM. You are running really rich in WOT. IF you are using a Injen intake, I recommend the stock intake calibration over the Injens.

Thats oem behavior while building boost running lean. You can use map to determine wot if you don't want that to happen
janemar

Post by janemar »

Thanks Jun43!

Noted on AFM calibration. Do you have a crash course on AFM tuning? :)
I noticed my Short term trim is always playing at -10 value.

Is it safe then to to just leave it running lean(stoich) at high load since it is same with OEM tuning?

TIA!
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

janemar

Post by janemar »

No sir. Car is completely bonestock except for the FP.

I've checked the airbox, MAF sensor, charge hoses, clamps and what not, everything seems to be ok.

Weird that AFM and AFR is out of whack even with stock tune. I've datalog it before with stock tune and AFR is dipping into the 9's as well.

Thanks!
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

I would just take out 6-8% across 1.1v to 4.5v and start from there
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (169.42 KiB) Viewed 5226 times
janemar

Post by janemar »

Hi Jun43,

Thanks again for all the help!

I'm finally contented with my AFM calibrationa and AFR's is spot on to my liking. Too lazy to bother with afm cal.. LOL.

Anyway, I have 2 concerns.

1. Coolant temp is rising.
I'm not sure if this is normal with the +9psi or my tune is not right. I'm thinking ignition timing is too retarded while on high loads. As you can see on the topspeed runs. ECT is hitting 105c. I know I live in a tropical climate but I think it shouldn't go high that fast?

2. Dreaded delayed WOT transition.
As mentioned already, I'm a bit paranoid with seeing 24psi + 5000+rpms and a AFR reading of 14.7???? I'm thinking why is it too delayed to transition to WOT tables???

Attaching my datalog as well. Thanks Jun43!
janemar

Post by janemar »

Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

you will need to upload the datalog to here and not a 3rd party site.

your IAT is very HOT, which means you are somewhere pretty hot. Hence why your ECT is going up with every WOT pull. An aftermarket intercooler will probably help you.

As I said before if you are worried about the a/f then switch to map to determine WOT.
janemar

Post by janemar »

Jun43 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 am you will need to upload the datalog to here and not a 3rd party site.

your IAT is very HOT, which means you are somewhere pretty hot. Hence why your ECT is going up with every WOT pull. An aftermarket intercooler will probably help you.

As I said before if you are worried about the a/f then switch to map to determine WOT.
Thanks!

How can I resize my datalog? My last log is too long(1hr I think) and file size is big, can't upload it here.

Have you personally ticked the use map to determine load? Did it help with the WOT transition?

Im pretty much not sold to upgrading the intercooler since the aftermarket ones have thick cores which can impede airflow to the radiator. Im thinking of upgrading the front grille(bigger air inlet design) or playing with the ignition tables. What do you think?
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

it was default to that first when FlashPro first came on on the 10th gen. It will instantly switch to the WOT fuel map with any boost.

Right click on the datalog graph and set new start then pick a spot to end( right click -> set new end ) then save it
janemar

Post by janemar »

I'll try it to give it a go later. I hope it won't switch to 10.9AFR target whenever is see's 1psi map!! LOL

Re attached my log. Thanks!
Attachments
datalog0004.1.fpdl
High ECT top speed pulls + Lean on high boost / load.
(4.83 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
janemar

Post by janemar »

I just don't get it, all parameters are saying it should switch to WOT but the ecu doesn't do anything. Am I missing something?

AFM.c @ 946
Table says 194 and above and it will switch to WOT tables?

janemar

Post by janemar »

Did a quick google and stumbled upon this, running stoich at WOT for DI engines.

https://www.hpacademy.com/forum/underst ... tion-turbo

So I guess it is safe to run this and will help fuel economy versus using MAP to determine WOT.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The way Honda seems to have set this ECU up is to run closed loop at WOT. It tends to take some time after a reflash for it to do this.
Hondata
janemar

Post by janemar »

Hondata wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:17 pm The way Honda seems to have set this ECU up is to run closed loop at WOT. It tends to take some time after a reflash for it to do this.
Thank you Hondata.

Given our tropical climate and running +9 psi (with default +6psi Fuel and ignition map. What can you suggest to minimize rapid increase in IAT and ECT?

I'm thinking;
1. Raise Ignition timing a bit, as seen I'm at -6 to -8 ign which I think is too retarded which raise the EGTs and combustion temps a bit and in turn ECT and ECT. As you can see, K.control is chillin at 76 even with high ECT and IAT, meaning I can increase my ignition timing more? My d16 400whp car uses the same fuel with 21deg timing at top without issues so I'm confident with my 100RON fuel.

2. Limit CVT torque limit @ 5500 - 6000 rpm and limit boost pressure in the process so it won't increase IATs that much and ECT in the process? The smallish turbo is killing IATs and it is better to lower boost especially at high rpms to run at turbos efficient range especially at sustained high speed/top speed flat-out driving.

Sorry if I have too many question, this is my first time tuning a DI turbo engine.

Thanks!