Fuel injector issue.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Owenreed1991

Fuel injector issue.

Post by Owenreed1991 »

So I bought some 440cc fuel in injectors and I tried to install them and it wouldn't start unless I held on the gas and then it wouldn't idle. I put the stock injectors back in it and it runs and idles just fine. The injectors that were in it when it was tune were definitely not stock cause I still have them but the tips are cracked
forevertrj

Re: Fuel injector issue.

Post by forevertrj »

you need to adjust the dead times in your cars tune to match the new injectors, also there is no way to know what the old injectors behave like without an upload of your cars calibration.
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
Owenreed1991

Post by Owenreed1991 »

How do I adjust the dead times. I thought you can't mess with the calibration unless the car is in a dyno
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

Google it... I've posted before about dead times, also read the hondata help index in smanager, there is literally a help topic on every setting tab in the parameters window on the top right corner of the parameters window. First step are you NA or Turbo, if Turbo buy a 1:1 fpr(fuel pressure regulator) if NA leave the fpr stock. If Turbo set fpr to 43.5 psi on your fuel rail gauge this is done by using the test outputs of smanager to turn on the fuel pump while the car is off to flow fuel through the rail and adjust the fpr set screw. Once at 43-45 psi you can set your new injector size and dead times. If they are DSM 440cc injectors Google their deadtimes. If no deadtimes exist for your injectors you could take an educated guess and adjust the 12 and 14 volt deadtimes until your car starts, then fine tune until air fuel ratios are at 14.7 with no short term trim. Use open loop to disable trims
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!