interface cable or box problem?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
twkdcd595

interface cable or box problem?

Post by twkdcd595 »

I just finished installing a p28 and the s200b... bump the key to the run position and I get a slow flashing red light.

ok so I double and tripple check everything... my dealer burns me a new basemap to be sure and check the ecu over for continuity.

everything looks good and I put it back in... flashing red light, but as I move the box the light gets irradic or sometimes goes out completely. so I fiddle with the cable for a minute and if I hold in the interface cable just right the light goes solid.

so thinking the pins on the box's connector or the cable's are not making proper contact? anyone have any comments or have this issue?

going to try telling the dealer tomm. and see if he will let me try another box/ cable.

opinions welcome.
twkdcd595

Post by twkdcd595 »

problem solved... new problem it wont idle and vac. reading on the gauge is all over the place.
smp606

Re: interface cable or box problem?

Post by smp606 »

twkdcd595 wrote:I just finished installing a p28 and the s200b... bump the key to the run position and I get a slow flashing red light.

ok so I double and tripple check everything... my dealer burns me a new basemap to be sure and check the ecu over for continuity.

everything looks good and I put it back in... flashing red light, but as I move the box the light gets irradic or sometimes goes out completely. so I fiddle with the cable for a minute and if I hold in the interface cable just right the light goes solid.

so thinking the pins on the box's connector or the cable's are not making proper contact? anyone have any comments or have this issue?

going to try telling the dealer tomm. and see if he will let me try another box/ cable.

opinions welcome.
How did you make out with this?

I am in the middle of installing a rev-hard kit on my buddys 97 SH and i have the same problem....the S200 shows a slow flashing light...turns out the chip we thought had a base map on it is either blank or the wrong map from the dealer!!