Desperate help tight time scale!

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
cr-ricki

Desperate help tight time scale!

Post by cr-ricki »

Hi all! I know this is my first post and i hate being a typical newbie but unfortunately the tight time scale i am on means i need to be that person that every forum veteran hates!!

Basically i migrated to Australia 5 years ago and i left my turbo build in a garage here in the UK. I am now back home for Christmas and want to try and get her running before i leave again which is in 10 days. I have a little bit of plumbing to take care of and its ready to start! APART from a base map! I have a brand new p28 S300 and have downloaded the SManager ....and thats as far as my tuning skills go!

My car -
1990 CRX
B18C4 fully built low (omp (rods, arp everything etc etc)
b18c6 head fully built
b18c4 cams
Precision turbo
3'' exhaust
oil cooler
front mount etc etc etc

Wanting to make 350bhp -ish.

The important bit is that it has RC750 injectors.

So, i opened Smanager and found the base maps. I opened the 'b18c5 revhard turbo 440cc' base map and found the 'fuel injector' tab and changed the injectors to the preloaded RC750 Injectors.

Question is, is this now safe enough to start the vehicle on? - just to idle and check the vehicle over! (proper tuning will be professional)

Again, sorry for the newbie question but im on a real tight schedule! Any help hugely appreciated!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Desperate help tight time scale!

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to have a wideband to determine if it is running a safe AF ratio, and listen for any signs of detonation. Without proper tuning, you rung a very high risk of damaging the engine.
cr-ricki

Post by cr-ricki »

Ok I have innovate wide band already plumbed in.

What exactly am I looking for in terms of readings?

Is there something a novice like myself can adjust on start up just to allow it to idle safely?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should read the tuning guide at: https://www.hondata.com/tech-s100-s200-s300
cr-ricki

Post by cr-ricki »

Tell me if I'm wrong.

But to be able to even begin tuning the engines idle I first need to achieve it to idle - which means having a map that will allow it to safely sit idled.

Would simply swapping the injectors to Rc750 in the options be enough for it to start and idle so I can get the engine warm and check vitals before sending it to the tuners?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to try it to see how well it runs. There is no way I can tell you what it will do.