2014 Civic Si Idling Issue on Map Sk2 CAI Sk2 DP Invidia N1 Exhaust Basemap Questions

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

datblacksi

2014 Civic Si Idling Issue on Map Sk2 CAI Sk2 DP Invidia N1 Exhaust Basemap Questions

Post by datblacksi »

Hello everyone. I recently added the skunk2 dp to my Fb6. I previously had the skunk2 cai as well as the invidia n1 exhaust. I was running the cai rbc cat back exhaust map for the 2014 civic si. The tune was running fine on the car before I deleted the cat and stock dp. Once I installed the skunk2 dp and ran the same tune without changing anything and the car was running fine. Once I flashed the sri cat back exhaust map and realized I wasn't getting as much power up top I decided to flash back to the previous map. Now when I start the car and it runs for a minute or two I get an idling issue. The car with rev up to 2k for a second and then drop back down. A second later it does it again. I'm confused as to why it was happening. Originally thought it had something to do with my cai but as I previously mentioned the map was working fine with and without the dp before I changed the map. I will update this post with a datalog while the car is idling as well as an old data log if I can find one with everything running smoothly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
datblacksi

Re: 2014 Civic Si Idling Issue on Map Sk2 CAI Sk2 DP Invidia N1 Exhaust Basemap Questions

Post by datblacksi »

datblacksi wrote:Hello everyone. I recently added the skunk2 dp to my Fb6. I previously had the skunk2 cai as well as the invidia n1 exhaust. I was running the cai rbc cat back exhaust map for the 2014 civic si. The tune was running fine on the car before I deleted the cat and stock dp. Once I installed the skunk2 dp and ran the same tune without changing anything and the car was running fine. Once I flashed the sri cat back exhaust map and realized I wasn't getting as much power up top I decided to flash back to the previous map. Now when I start the car and it runs for a minute or two I get an idling issue. The car with rev up to 2k for a second and then drop back down. A second later it does it again. I'm confused as to why it was happening. Originally thought it had something to do with my cai but as I previously mentioned the map was working fine with and without the dp before I changed the map. I will update this post with a datalog while the car is idling as well as an old data log if I can find one with everything running smoothly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are two logs i attempted to pull from the car while driving on the cai tune. It seemed to correct itself after driving for 15 minutes but i'm still getting the consistent revs while idling. Could be a dirty maf sensor so i'll try to clean that a bit and try again.
Attachments
datalog0009.fpdl
(134.51 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2014 Civic Si Idling Issue on Map Sk2 CAI Sk2 DP Invidia N1 Exhaust Basemap Questions

Post by Spunkster »

Without the calibration this datalog was made with it is hard to see what might be going on.
datblacksi

Post by datblacksi »

Spunkster wrote:Without the calibration this datalog was made with it is hard to see what might be going on.
Here is the basemap I used from the flash pro manager
Attachments
14 FB6 DatBlackSi CAI CATBACK V1.0.1.fpcal
(20.8 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You have an error code which indicates that there is an air leak. It could also be the throttle body. It may not have been as bad before you did the mechanical work and reflashing, but the presence of the error code now would suggest looking for manifold air leaks would be a good idea.
Hondata
datblacksi

Post by datblacksi »

Hondata wrote:You have an error code which indicates that there is an air leak. It could also be the throttle body. It may not have been as bad before you did the mechanical work and reflashing, but the presence of the error code now would suggest looking for manifold air leaks would be a good idea.
THANK YOU!! Now I just need to find the leak and fix it. Also need to learn how to read datalogs XD

Edit: I am on a new calibration now and do not have the issue anymore. I'm going to datalog and see if I still get the error code. The basemap I was on had the map for an rbc manifold of which I do not have so maybe that's why it threw the code for the air leak. Thanks again for your help. I'm gunna search for a guide that helps explain how to look for errors on datalogs
mr_fb6_626

Post by mr_fb6_626 »

I had a very similar issue. I switched to the cai/exhaust tune and it didn't run right. The car would give me "errors" also code p0507
which indicated I had some sort of leak in the intake system somewhere, along with other suggested things that might be wrong.
The car only seemed to have a steady idle when I would be on this base map of cai/exhuast/dp. Any other tune, including stock, I'd get the idle hunt.

Eventually I revert the ecu back to stock and simply disconnected the sensor that is attached to the throttle body for 5 seconds, and connected it once again. Turned the car off, then back on. Let it sit for 2 minutes , then drove it around for a few blocks and that seemed to do the trick.