Ecu adds 20% fuel on WOT

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
Knox

Ecu adds 20% fuel on WOT

Post by Knox »

Hi, sometimes I see that ecu adds around 20% fuel on ECTcorrection % at wot.
Note: Fuel compensation table is "0" at that coolant temp compensation table.

Why ecu adds that much fuel even coolant temp compensation table is zero at that temperature?
Last edited by Knox on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Ecu adds 20% fuel

Post by Hondata »

Please provide more information as per the posting guidelines.
Hondata
Knox

Re: Ecu adds 20% fuel

Post by Knox »

Hondata wrote:Please provide more information as per the posting guidelines.
Yesterday I tuned a eg civic with b18c type r engine. After 20 minutes of tuning (without a problem) ecu starts to add 20% fuel at WOT on "ECT corretion%" digital gauge under display tab. Immediately I checked ect fuel compensation table (on parameters tab) and it is set to "0" at 78 degree celcius ect. I dont have a datalog for that but I can attach calibration and a screen shot tomorrow morning.

Sorry if I can not explain clearly.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Ecu adds 20% fuel on WOT

Post by Spunkster »

You need to get a datalog showing the issue, a screenshot does not give enough info.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Spunkster wrote:You need to get a datalog showing the issue, a screenshot does not give enough info.
I understand that screenshot does not give enough info but I don't have datalog for that car at the moment. I call my friend and want to come back to me again to have datalog. For now I attach the calibration and took a screenshot to show where I saw ecu adds fuel. I took in a red circle added fuel and also fuel compensation tables which show 0 at that coolant temperature. I attached the screenshot because may be I can not explain my self clearly. Also I saw this on other s300 while tuning before but that car has an open stucked thermostat and I thought ecu goes crazy because of that and I'm sure ecu adds fuel because when this happen injector duty cycle goes 100% at 6500rpm.
Attachments
JDM B18C.jpg
JDM B18C.jpg (466.53 KiB) Viewed 7060 times
JDM B18C.skl
(46.23 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Knox

Post by Knox »

Spunkster

On this datalog you can clearly see that ecu adds %13 fuel after 13th second of the datalog. Before this datalog ecu add around %20 fuel at wot but I don't know why sometimes ecu adds less fuel. This datalog recorded with the calibration I attached before.

Thanks
Attachments
3.s3d
(90.24 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It does not look like the engine is fully warmed up, or you have either a low temp or no thermostat. You can also look at the Minimum compensation - laod based table in the fuel compensation tab.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Spunkster wrote:It does not look like the engine is fully warmed up, or you have either a low temp or no thermostat. You can also look at the Minimum compensation - laod based table in the fuel compensation tab.

thanks spunkster, this car has low temp thermostat as you understand.

this applies only at wot or does it has a pre determined map pressure?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Get a regular thermostat. A low temp thermostat will only cause more issues.