Need help for basemap, caught car on fire from running rich

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
jdmcrxb16a

Need help for basemap, caught car on fire from running rich

Post by jdmcrxb16a »

I have a jdm b16a in a 1990 crx. I just got the car, and the privious owner was oblivious to what kind of money/parts was in the car and he couldnt get it running. I got a hondata s300 v3 ecu, got a "basemap" i got off the smanager for a new calibration, got the car to run with my foot on the gas, and im pretty sure the reaso. Why its missing isbecause its dumping so much fuel into the cylinders, but its so rich i swear gas was coming out of the exhaust and thats why it caught fire when i was trying to lean out the a/f ratio.. i dont understand dead time for the injectors, i cant find any specs on them,theyre dsm 450 blacktops. my setup is a jdm b16a (sencond gen, out of a 90-93 honda integra i believe) mystery built bottom end, has je pistons, theyre dished i used a scope to look at the, walbro 255, aem fuel rail and fpr, blacktop dsm 450cc injectors, .63 trim turbo, stock map. I just need it to drive 15 miles to the tuner, car sits too low to tow it on anything. Any advice, and or basemap would be very greatly appreciated. Im no stranger to spray, or boost, just a stranger to ecu tuning, thank you for your help!
whoknows?

Re: Need help for basemap, caught car on fire from running rich

Post by whoknows? »

Post the calibration your using incorrect dead times normally cause car to run like crap or not run at all .In my experience when starting a new calibration and only adjusting the injector size, correct dead times and current map sensor it should start and run fairly well.
jalava

Re: Need help for basemap, caught car on fire from running rich

Post by jalava »

First thing you should do before even thinking of taking it to tuner is to get the injectors specced at some injector shop. Cost per injector on maintenance and spec report that gives you flow at 3/4/5 bar and deadtimes can be found under 100 euros even in Finland.

After you know what is the actual flow at your measured fuel pressure, you should be able to take stock basemap, set injector size and deadtimes correctly and try firing it up.

Doing it this way saves you the trouble of debugging a clogged injector that does only half of flow etc.